Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dictation software(I've broken my hand)

Options
  • 12-03-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know of good dictation software.
    I was looking online and there are a riducious amount of them.
    thanks in advance

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

I've used Dragon Naturally Speaking and found it good. You could also try the Windows speech recognition function, which might suffice but I've never tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

if you have vista it has speech recognition built in in control panel.
    its ok from what little i used of it. that will allow you to open windows and control pc as well as dictate.

Other than that, dragon naturally speaking is the only other one i've had any experience with but it aint free. and is more for dictation
    as opposed to controling system aswell but i assume you can still you the mouse for general things and want something for creating word documents etc?

All these applications require 'training' to your voice, and even though i was in the house by myself i still felt like a total tool talking to the pc :D

Advertisement