Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Mail / Outlook Query

Options
  • 12-03-2009 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi All

I have a few questions about email, particulary relating to outlook

1. How can I stop my outlook from automatically sending read receipts when the sender requests one? I remember in my last company my Outlook used to tell me the user had requested a read receipt and asked if I wanted to send one.

2. How do you send emails to a group of users, eg a group in my outlook contacts list where they cant see the other names on my senders list. Do I just put all recipients in the Bcc address box?

3. Are there any free web based email accounts that allow you to request a read receipt, eg gmail, hotmail etc etc?? If so does anyone know how to do this.

Thanks
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

kgdo85 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a few questions about email, particulary relating to outlook

1. How can I stop my outlook from automatically sending read receipts when the sender requests one? I remember in my last company my Outlook used to tell me the user had requested a read receipt and asked if I wanted to send one.

In Outlook 2003 anyway..Tools, Options, goto the Preferences tab, click on E-mail options, click on Tracking Options, and towards the bottom of the screen are options that allow you to handle incoming read receipts.
    2. How do you send emails to a group of users, eg a group in my outlook contacts list where they cant see the other names on my senders list. Do I just put all recipients in the Bcc address box?

Just add the group to the Bcc list, each recipient will just see their own name.
    3. Are there any free web based email accounts that allow you to request a read receipt, eg gmail, hotmail etc etc?? If so does anyone know how to do this.

Generally you can only do this if you can set up the web mail on Outlook but a sneakier way is using this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeah, what eh said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kgdo85

Thanks Dannybuoy I appreciate the advice

Advertisement