Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 price striploin and sirloin steak in Tesco

Options
  • 12-03-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Just bought some 1/2 price striploin steak from Tesco's for immediate consumption. Really good value, about E2.50 - E3.00 each for decent ones. Nice marbling too. Bought a load more for the freezer.

I can almost smell the barbeque already. Summer is coming.

Happy days! :D

http://www.tesco.ie/weeklytopoffers/?osadcampaign=LB1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just in time for SABJD! That's a canny marketing manager right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dahamsta wrote: »
    Just in time for SABJD! That's a canny marketing manager right there!

LOL - I'll give the Hubby the works for SABJD - but I won't be buying the steak in Tesco. My man likes real meat.
    So I'll have to go to the local butcher. I wonder if I printed this off would he give me a discount ? :)

Depends how local he is I reckon. :)

(Nothing wrong with Tesco fillet steak btw, I'm a fan.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's crap meat. I wouldn't buy a steak in Tesco's for 2c - not even for a bbq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Macros42 wrote: »
    It's crap meat. I wouldn't buy a steak in Tesco's for 2c - not even for a bbq

I've only had one tesco's steak ever. It will be my last.

• Advertisement

Must be different shops then, I know a good steak when I get one, and I've had generally very good quality from Tesco in both Mahon and Midleton in Cork. Not far off restaurant quality.

Then again I wouldn't touch sirloin with a bargepole, so their sirloins could be crap for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

i got 8 striploin for €11 straight from the factory outlet in naas last week. savage quality. tesco meat doesnt compare. outlets like that are the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

i got 8 striploin for €11 straight from the factory outlet in naas last week. savage quality. tesco meat doesnt compare. outlets like that are the way to go.

Where is the outlet? I would love to find somebody that will sell meat in raesonable bulk at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

jister wrote: »
    Where is the outlet? I would love to find somebody that will sell meat in raesonable bulk at the right price.

Its near the ball in naas. left at the first round about on your way into the town. Theres a good few outlets like thats around. In fact most slaughterhouses would have one id say. They'd normally have a little butcher shop out the front, handy, coz they can vacuum pack anything there and then and its way better for freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Bought striploin last time it was half price in Tesco. Picked one with nice marbling too. Never again.

It was a cheap lesson though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Meh. Getting one of the steaks from the reduced section is always worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Africa wrote: »
    Meh. Getting one of the steaks from the reduced section is always worth it :D

Had the sirloin to-night cost €3.35 - very little flavour and tough enought too you gets what you pays for - back to the butchers for the next lot of steak methinks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dh0661 wrote: »
    LOL - I'll give the Hubby the works for SABJD - but I won't be buying the steak in Tesco. My man likes real meat.
    So I'll have to go to the local butcher. I wonder if I printed this off would he give me a discount ? :)

Told you so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Got some striploin and it was good.. tender and plenty of taste :D maybe I dont know my meat:P but it tasted good to me and my other half:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 greeta

O'Mahony meats at the back of Lidl on the malahide Rd. excellent meat excellent prices

Advertisement