Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII German Feldpost & Deathcard selection

Options
  • 12-03-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Here are a few German WWII Feldpost & correspondence :

FeldPost envelopes (including an NSDAP stamped one)

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009187.jpg

wraparound envelope & card Feldpost :

Envelope Address

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009196.jpg

Envelope unfolded

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009198.jpg

Envelope interior

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009197.jpg

This has an interesting postmark (reminding Germans not to reveal confidential information on the phone):

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009199lo.jpg

This is a correspondence from postwar Berlin 1946. You can see the allied censor marks on it and the de-nazified postage & stamps.

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009185.jpg

Other side :

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009186.jpg

There are more soldiers letters here too :
    http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll135/zwanzig_photos/Feldpost/

===
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Eastern Front Death Cards

These are a small selection of Eastern Front (Ostfront) Death /Prayer cards to various Wehrmacht. You can clearly read the medals they were awarded and where in Russia they died also which division served with.

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009142.jpg

Reverse showing the religious images of some

MilitariaArchiveMarch5t2009143.jpg

There is an interesting ebay buyers guide to WWI and WWII German Death Prayer Remembrance Cards here:

http://reviews.ebay.com/WW1-and-WW2-German-Death-Prayer-Remembrance-Cards_W0QQugidZ10000000002168699

Here is a snip from the guide referencing some of the (far) more expensive and desirable ones :

Especially interesting are when multiple family members appear on one card. I have seen 5 brothers on one WW2 card. That had to be especially tragic for the poor family. I have seen a father and a baby girl (father killed on Russian Front & baby killed at home in a bombing raid) on one card. I have seen father and son on a single card. I have seen a widow and late husband on a single card (she died 1950's & he died during the war). I have seen WW2 uniformed veterans pictured on cards from the 1960's.

Advertisement