Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving or laying stone advice

Options
  • 12-03-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

I want to pave or lay stone pebbles in some of my garden, say an area of about 35'' by 25''. The problem is that there is a slope in my garden that leads down to the patio door and water seems to pool here.
    What would be the best way ( cheapest ) to lay some stone pebbles eg. just throw the stone down on top of the soil, if so what depth of pebbles???

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kgdo85

Dont put down the pebbles straight onto the soil, they will get dirty and weed will grow within weeks.

Place a layer of polythene or weed block on top of the soil before the pebble. You only need to put down a couple of inches, just enough to cover the polythene underneath.

Advertisement