Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you brand/sign..... the stuff you make?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

As the title says,do you put a little mark showing that it was you who made said piece?

I've just received some little brass plates that I ordered(so long ago I'd almost forgot!) from http://www.makers-marks.co.uk/ I'm well chuffed with them,just have to make something decent enough to put them on!!
    Scuse the photo,can't focus well enough:PThey're exact size of a €2 coin and about 1.5mm thick
    brassplate014.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Looks like a good idea! Must have a better look at that site. Usually I just sign and date anything I make, I have (or at least I think I do :p) a reasonably nice freehand signature so that does me for now. I was thinking of trying to come up with something new, or something unique for my work, I had thought of a mouse, but I believe some other guy got there before me :p. Just something simple and quick so that when people look at my stuff in years to come they'll say 'Oh, thats a ***** ***** piece!!'........well, one can dream :D

Just out of interest, what sort of price did you pay for the tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Croppy,they were £3 each:eek: cos I only ordered 5. Even slightly larger amounts were much cheaper. The guy who does them can mock up a design of any kind,very quick too.Just making dem takes his time up....My pal whos a jeweller is (oneday) going to make me a branding iron with a wee design on.I got the plates made mainly for my eldest(Lily) who is "helping" me make furniture for her bedroom:P

Advertisement