Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crossbows!

Options
  • 12-03-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

are crossbows legal in Ireland, if so, do you need a firearms cert for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yes and yes. But you can't hunt with them as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moving to the archery forum...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

KTRIC wrote: »
    Yes and yes. But you can't hunt with them as far as I know.

Please show me where you have seen the relevant legislation that claims that you can't hunt with a crossbow!!!

I bet you can't because such legislation doesn't exist!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

As per the charter, stem the hunting talk.

Its fine to clarify points on bowhunting, but other than that .......... stump.

MOD

In other relevent info, crossbows are indeed legal but you do need a licence. Ireland has a former world champion crossbower, and the former team champs AFAIK. The club to contact is Sportslink, you can get the info on http://www.archery.ie/club.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Please show me where you have seen the relevant legislation that claims that you can't hunt with a crossbow!!!

I bet you can't because such legislation doesn't exist!!!!!

Ivan has been touting this around the hunting forum for a long time. Don't be fooled by him.

It is indeed illegal to hunt with in Ireland with a crossbow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement