Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop needs replacement NBC panel where and how?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

My medion laptop needs it's 17" panel replaced. It's an LG LP171WX2-A4K5 17.1".
    Any advice on where to get it repaired please?
    Or where to get the panel?
    Or even both?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Is the screen physically smashed? It could also be the inverter or back light gone which would be a lot cheaper to fix.

Ebay is the best place for new screens. 80 to 100 STG + post or pick up a parts laptop with a good screen & inverter. If you knew anyone handy with electronics they would have it fitted in 5 minutes.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=LG+LP171WX2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

Thanks for that.
    Yes I've just been looking on ebay and they have the one I need at a good price.
    The screen isn't smashed. Actually what's wrong with it is very minor just a white band about an inch wide running down just left of the centre of the screen. It's like the colour is gone from about 50-60% of the pixels. Sent it back for medion to have a look at it but it'll cost £250 sterling to have it repaired and I think that's a bit steep!
    It's just neither of us are too handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

jolo wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Yes I've just been looking on ebay and they have the one I need at a good price.
    The screen isn't smashed. Actually what's wrong with it is very minor just a white band about an inch wide running down just left of the centre of the screen. It's like the colour is gone from about 50-60% of the pixels. Sent it back for medion to have a look at it but it'll cost £250 sterling to have it repaired and I think that's a bit steep!
    It's just neither of us are too handy.
    Absoluter rip off!, If you order the exact same model screen and remove the old one very carefully and replace the new one, there is just two cables to worry about, one flat ribbon cable at the back of the old screen which is stuck on with elephant tape, it fits into a slot on the screen, the other is just a two wire plug coming from the inverter. It should cost you less than half that.

Advertisement