Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Commercial Pajero to Domestic use

Options
  • 12-03-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know the implications of buying a commerical Pajero 3.2 and changing it's use to Domestic?
    We have found a Pajero primarily for pulling a horse box, the lack of back seats suits for carrying gear. But is there any problems changing the use from commercial to domestic use?
    Thanks
    SOH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

yeah there is .

Unless you declare it on the log book the following can be an issue.
    1) insurance
    2) road tax and DOE/NCT
    3) it's a road offence to carry passengers in the back of a commerical(even with seats the vehicle is still listed as a VAN)

At check points I've seen Guards checking the detaisl on the Tax/NCT cert of vehicles.
    Garda friend of mine has told me they are cracking down of commerical to passenger type vehicles that are not properly declared.
    My brother was stopped in a transit that hed been modified to carry passengers, even though the job was properly done by a coachworks company, the van owner never declared it

So, be very careful.

Robbie

Advertisement