Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend me a new laptop

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

So my birthday is coming up in few weeks, and I want to get a new laptop. So recommend me one

.All I require is that in runs Linux, as plan to run XP in virtualbox . I was think of getting an eeePC1000 as I have eeePC701 .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

EEEPCS are grand for "emergency use" and travelling light but to use them as an alternative to a general purpose laptop would eventually require you to wear glasses. I carry the 901 if im going into town which is not too much smaller than the 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

EEEPCS are grand for "emergency use" and travelling light but to use them as an alternative to a general purpose laptop would eventually require you to wear glasses.

Well that's ok as i already have glasses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

mach1982 wrote: »
    Well that's ok as i already have glasses :)
    You may need to go to Specsavers and change the lenses. :pac:

Advertisement