Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At least the ordinary joe is not the only one being killed by the recession

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Even the rich guys are getting raped!

Warren Buffet lost 25 billion! :eek:

Puts things in perspective I suppose! ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

He'll have to stop splurging on buffets so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Warren Buffet lost 25 billion! :eek:

Puts things in perspective I suppose! ;)

There's no such thing as perspective when talking about those kinds of figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

What you mean 'puts it into perspective', its not just about figures, its about what amount affects you badly, ive no sympathy for him, hes worth alot more than that.

wylo wrote: »
    ive no sympathy for him, hes worth alot more than that.

sums up the pathetic begrudgery of the irish.

warren buffet warned years ago of these debt instruments that have destroyed the world, didn't invest in them and has lost this money as a result of all other stocks falling.

you have no sympathy for a man who built up such a status over his life and in old age, lost so much of it after warning the world.

fuking typical AH poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

sums up the pathetic begrudgery of the irish.

warren buffet warned years ago of these debt instruments that have destroyed the world, didn't invest in them and has lost this money as a result of all other stocks falling.

you have no sympathy for a man who built up such a status over his life and in old age, lost so much of it after warning the world.

fuking typical AH poster.
    begrudgery ,LOL , quote the rest of my post too please, my point is its all relative, I dont feel any worse for him than a man who is after losing half his savings thats worth only a couple of grand. So what Im saying is, it doesnt put it into perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

To the best of knowledge, Bill Gates' day job is giving away most of his money to debt relief and AIDS eradication, so it's probably a good thing that he isn't losing it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

He is down to his last 37 billion - ffs

Advertisement