Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Makita cordless drill in B&Q

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I was just in B&Q there a while ago and they have an offer of a 18v Makita cordless drill, 2 batteries (NI-CD 1.2ah) and a 100 piece drill bit set.

All for 117 euro.

The drill on it's own costs over 200 in there.

Don't know how there selling them so cheap but it seems like a good deal to me. Makita make good power tools.

It comes in a really good case aswell.

Let me know if you want the model number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

They were actually selling this awhile ago for €92...What B&Q was it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Really? This was in Galway.

92 seems very low - are you sure it was the same package?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Really? This was in Galway.

92 seems very low - are you sure it was the same package?

Yup, they flew out the door...Even at €117 its great price for the DIYer. But the 1.2ah battery will not last long when using it, so I was told.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their was a thread on boards not so long ago about these. They must have a got a lot of stock of this particular model.

Its actaully a 1.3ah battery. It might do a tradesman's heavy use, but will be fine for anyone else. Its has two batteries so can be charging one while using another. The batteries alone to buy are about €90 i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Atlantic/Woodies usually have similar offers on Ryobi 18v Drill sets (drill, 2xbatteries, charger, carry bag) and Combos (drills/circular saws). Usually they're about 40% of the cost of buying the items individually (especially with Ryobi as you have to buy the charger and batteries separately normally, as all their tools use the same batteries), and they always sell out extremely fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

You could try ring up Tucks and see how much they are selling it for. They sell to trade and the average joe like myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

What's the model number of the Makita?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

leex wrote: »
    What's the model number of the Makita?

I'll get it for you this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

The Model number is 8391DWPETK 18V

Advertisement