Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway and Weston updates

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just to let anyone know i've uploaded updates for galway and weston airports onto avsim, both updates include edited apron layout to match the airports and added buildings..

*they should be available to download soon*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey man are they fsx or fs9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ah i knew i forgot to write something, there for fsx, i don't know if they'd work in fs9 or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Thanks very much. Looking forward to trying them out. Any chance of doing Connaught also. Ive looked into doing it myself but It will be summer before I have time to do it.
    Bandit

Let me know what you think, ya i was going doing it after i finish my current project "the regional airports that are listed on euroscope", i'll just need to find some photos of Connaught, because i know galway first hand and weston has a lot of photos on it's web site, so at the moment i'm working blind :confused:

I can get some for you from the ground and hopefully from the air this weekend. Leave it with me and Ill post them up here and Pm you links to originals. I didnt get chance to try Galway and Weston yet, I hope to have a few hours with them on Sun, will let you know what I think
    Thanks
    Bandit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

haven't tried galway yet but tried weston last night and have to say it looks and feels like the weston i knew where i used to teach :P before i put my atpl to some good use. will try galway tonight keep up the good work :)

Great job, I took off from Weston, had a fly around and flew to Galway. Thanks for these, great improvement.
    I didnt get chance to get you photos of EIKN but I hope to on Patricks day morning.
    Cheers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Could we get some screenshots of galway version? I'd love to see it although I don't play the Sim anymore (lack of decent computer :( )

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Let me know what you think, ya i was going doing it after i finish my current project "the regional airports that are listed on euroscope", i'll just need to find some photos of Connaught, because i know galway first hand and weston has a lot of photos on it's web site, so at the moment i'm working blind :confused:

I got a few today and Ive one or two Ive had for a while hosted here:
    http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/69000/EIKN%20Photos.rar

I hope they are a help.

Ya every little helps... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 james79

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Ya every little helps... :D

There are a few photos on Flickr and Google images. I can send you a Sketch-up model if that's any use, pm me your email address.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ireland%20west%20airport%20knock&w=all

Picture7.jpg

screenshot_21-1.png

screenshot_17.png

Picture8.jpg

Picture9.jpg

WOW:eek: that's class looking, it alot better than anything i'd have done,

Thats for xplane right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 james79

bandit197 wrote: »
    Thats for xplane right?

Yes it's for X-plane, if I ever get time to finish it I'll put it on the x-plane.org scenery library. Theres a great Sketch-up 3D to X-plane plugin and Overlay Editor which makes creating scenery fairly straightforward. Not sure if there is a similar plugin for FSX though.

hi james what is left to do with your sketch up x-plane model

Advertisement