Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DEAP 3 on Netbook

• 11-03-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone successfully installed DEAP III on a netbook (those dinky little mini-laptops). Mine's running XP, Service Pack 3 (a Samsung NC10) but it's obviously a slightly cut down version of windows as the DEAP software will install but won't run.

.net framework installed also.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Patrickof wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone successfully installed DEAP III on a netbook (those dinky little mini-laptops). Mine's running XP, Service Pack 3 (a Samsung NC10) but it's obviously a slightly cut down version of windows as the DEAP software will install but won't run.

.net framework installed also.

Any ideas?

Hi Patrick, i also had this issue. My issue was that the DEAP didn't open properly in the screen size, i tried everything.... but no success.

Haven gone through it all my only advise would be to buy a bigger laptop:rolleyes:.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Smcgie wrote: »
    Hi Patrick, i also had this issue. My issue was that the DEAP didn't open properly in the screen size, i tried everything.... but no success.

Haven gone through it all my only advise would be to buy a bigger laptop:rolleyes:.

DID YOU TRY SETTING THE DISPLAY TO A HIGHER RESOLUTION...

oops sorry about the caps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

sydthebeat wrote: »
    DID YOU TRY SETTING THE DISPLAY TO A HIGHER RESOLUTION...

oops sorry about the caps...

I did syd, but the DEAP program still isnt 100% when the resolution is changed. Its a glitch in the program, only works with a standard laptop screen size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Mine won't even get that far, it fails at the opening splash screen with "Failed to connect to SEI database" then breaks out to a "Do you want to tell microsoft about this problem?" window.

Internet etc. is working fine so it's not a connectivity issue re the Failed to connect message - tried on both wifi and cabled LAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Talwin

Heres a solution that works

Go to the folder “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.1” and select the following files to copy –
    1. System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll
    2. Sqlceme30.dll
    Copy them to the following folder – “C:\Program Files\SEI DEAP III”

I got this from a website from a trainer . The SEI said that its a problem that they coulnd FIX.

Hope it works

• Advertisement

Hmm, my netbook doesn't have Microsoft SQL server folders at all!!!

And I did a search for the DLLs listed above and no sign of them either.

But my desktop does.

THis also may be part of the problem, but I don't remember the DEAP installation looking for SQL server??

OK, downloaded MS SQL (don't download ver 3.5 as it doesn't work, stick to ver 3.1), and made the changes you mentioned and it works!!

Thank you! Although the software wasn't written to accommodate the smaller screen size, some of the screen areas aren't visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Talwin

they should have included it in the install package. Typical assume everybody has a piece of software rather than suppying it.

Advertisement