Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice...please!

Options
  • 11-03-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey! okay so my boyfriend and i have been together for almost a year now and spend almost all of our free time with each other. we have gotten very close over the past few months but the problem is that he has a working visa for here only and has to leave in for canada soon.

since both of us want this to work i have decided to apply for a working visa for canada, to see what can happen with us but also to just travel and gain experiences, i dont want to go there just for a relationship, IMO its too much to pressure just to go for the one reason. so i did my research and turns out its really difficult to get a visa....since the usit application is closed for 2009 seems like it will take a long time to get to canada. both he and i have worked really hard on the visa issue and there is just never a positive outcome.

He is leaving in less than 3 weeks however and i just dont know what to do now.we both said we could go 2 or 3 months without each other but dont want to be apart longer than that , i have done long distance before so i know how hard it is. now i am thinking that i should just end this now, i dont want to give up on him but there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. we really are in no mans land, so should i just try hold on when my instinct is to back off from this relatonship?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ultimately its a decision you have to make for yourself.You have done long distance yourself so know all about it.What it boils down to is if it is going to be fair on both of you to have this kind of relationship.Im a big believer in fate and karma so would say if its ment to be it will be.I know that doesnt answer your question but as I said,its your's and his decision to make together.Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lconmara

Try a long distance relationship for a bit. Then maybe go for a holiday.

Then you'll know.

Advertisement