Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair 108,000 seats for free.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

108,000 free seats due to Aer Lingus 108M losses LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I cant see any free seats.:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

jenno86 wrote: »
    I cant see any free seats.:confused::confused:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

You gotta go to the irish version of Ryanair' s site to see it.
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/news.php?yr=09&month=mar&story=gen-en-060309
    It also says this at the end of the offer- guess it means getting ready on the keyboard at bang on 14.00. I'd have 2 seperate ( Firefox&Safari) browser windows open if I were you :D
    Ryanair’s offer of 1,000 free seats for every million euro of after tax losses announced by Aer Lingus on Wednesday 11th March next will be released on Ryanair’s website www.ryanair.com at 1400hrs on Wednesday 11th March next.

Should also add travel is only for Mon 23 - Fri 27 of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

RATM wrote: »
    You gotta go to the irish version of Ryanair' s site to see it.
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/news.php?yr=09&month=mar&story=gen-en-060309
    It also says this at the end of the offer- guess it means getting ready on the keyboard at bang on 14.00. I'd have 2 seperate ( Firefox&Safari) browser windows open if I were you :D

Should also add travel is only for Mon 23 - Fri 27 of March.

Just had a look and there are planty of flights available
    They actuall cost €0.01
    and are valid ffrom 23rd Mar - 02 Apr (Mon-Thur onlys)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for the info. The travel period is restrictive, although now showing Mon 23rd March to Thu 2nd April. So only valid for travel within the next 3 weeks. I did a test booking, fares are coming up at 2c return plus CC charge, you can use Entropay to avoid the charge. Another great offer from Ryanair, love their cheap flights! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Just got mine, with entropay. Why didn't I know about entropay before????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

madrid return flight 2 cent

ftw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Anyone notice Michael O'leary's little scam? Fares are free apart from "optional taxes & charges" - "free" flights after March 29 out of Ireland have €10 tax added - that's the new government tax - is this "Optional"??? :confused::confused:

And M O'L was shooting off his big fat mouth saying that Ryanair would "absorb the new tax". More lies!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

marrm wrote: »
    Anyone notice Michael O'leary's little scam? Fares are free apart from "optional taxes & charges" - "free" flights after March 29 out of Ireland have €10 tax added - that's the new government tax - is this "Optional"??? :confused::confused:

And M O'L was shooting off his big fat mouth saying that Ryanair would "absorb the new tax". More lies!! :mad::mad::mad:

a) You're getting a flight for €10. See how far a €10 taxi would take you.

b) I don't know of many government taxes which are 'optional'. I haven't seen any press releases saying MOL would be absorbing this cost*

*open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

connundrum wrote: »
    I don't know of many government taxes which are 'optional'.

Exactly so ryanair's claim that the flights are free apart from "optional taxes & charges", is incorrect. There's a decent case for false advertising there.

Also, is it just me or have all of the free flights disapeared even though it was advertised as 'ending midnight tonight'?

connundrum wrote: »
    a) You're getting a flight for €10. See how far a €10 taxi would take you.

Yes, but he's advertising them as FREE and he's charging €10. FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING. :mad:
    b) I don't know of many government taxes which are 'optional'. I haven't seen any press releases saying MOL would be absorbing this cost*

*open to correction.

I agree. The taxes are NOT OPTIONAL. So he should not be charging them - he says he will only charge for optional extras ( bags priority checkin, credit card charges etc.), he absorbs all the other costs - charges, taxes etc. FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Such moronic comments. Use your brain!

They *ARE* free - you're not paying that 10 euro to Ryanair, it goes to the gov-ern-ment, understand?

By 'optional taxes and charges' they mean paying for priority boarding, hold luggage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yes, but he's advertising them as FREE and he's charging €10. FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING. :mad:

I agree. The taxes are NOT OPTIONAL. So he should not be charging them - he says he will only charge for optional extras ( bags priority checkin, credit card charges etc.), he absorbs all the other costs - charges, taxes etc. FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING :mad:

TYPING IN CAPITALS DOES NOT HELP YOU TO MAKE YOUR POINT!

The flights are free, the €10 you're giving out about doesn't go to Ryanair, it goes to the government... you know those guys that run the country? (well, try to run.. if they're even trying).

The flight itself is free, the tax is not. He is selling you the product at the lowest possible course and then there is an additional charge by the government on the product. Seriously 108,000 free flights times the €10 euro you said he should be absorbing works out as 1,080,000... that would just be insane business policy.

It's not fradulent adversting, you're just being moronic in your assessment of the non opitional tax.

Brimmy wrote: »

The flights are free, the €10 you're giving out about doesn't go to Ryanair, it goes to the government... you know those guys that run the country? (well, try to run.. if they're even trying).

The flight itself is free, the tax is not. He is selling you the product at the lowest possible course and then there is an additional charge by the government on the product. Seriously 108,000 free flights times the €10 euro you said he should be absorbing works out as 1,080,000... that would just be insane business policy.

It's not fradulent adversting, you're just being moronic in your assessment of the non opitional tax.

wrong wrong wrong. (not capitals this time)

Ryanair usually adds taxes & charges to its prices. It does not add them when they advertise "free" flights. For instance, the UK government charges a mandatory £10 tax on all flights UK-Ireland. In their "free" promitions, Ryanair absorbs this tax. I know, I was in London this Tuesday for 2c, including all taxes charges & credit card fees (thanks, Entropay).

So, when advertising "free" flights, M O'L should not include the new €10 tax, he is guilty of fraudulent advertising.

Another M O'L lie: on the Ryanair website they criticise the Aer Lingus 2008 results and state that:

“Consumers can celebrate Aer Lingus’s continuing losses and failure as Ryanair this morning released 108,000 free seats – 1,000 seats for every €1m after tax losses announced by Aer Lingus this morning – for travel in March and returning in the first week of April. These will be the last free flights on Ryanair from Ireland before the Government introduces its crazy €10 tourist tax in Ireland”.

More lies, as he is charging the €10 tax! Lies Lies Lies!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ceacht

Were you looking at the wrong deal? My flights cos 2c no other charge and def not e10 government charge! The flights are only available Mon to Thurs last week of March so sounds like you were talking about the other special offer flights the ones with the no tax deal they are a tenner a go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ryanair usually adds taxes & charges to its prices. It does not add them when they advertise "free" flights. For instance, the UK government charges a mandatory £10 tax on all flights UK-Ireland. In their "free" promitions, Ryanair absorbs this tax. I know, I was in London this Tuesday for 2c, including all taxes charges & credit card fees (thanks, Entropay).

So, when advertising "free" flights, M O'L should not include the new €10 tax, he is guilty of fraudulent advertising.

Another M O'L lie: on the Ryanair website they criticise the Aer Lingus 2008 results and state that:

“Consumers can celebrate Aer Lingus’s continuing losses and failure as Ryanair this morning released 108,000 free seats – 1,000 seats for every €1m after tax losses announced by Aer Lingus this morning – for travel in March and returning in the first week of April. These will be the last free flights on Ryanair from Ireland before the Government introduces its crazy €10 tourist tax in Ireland”.

Dunno what you were looking at but the flights cost 2c and there was none of this 10e tax...

Dunno what you were looking at but the flights cost 2c and there was none of this 10e tax...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

There was a €10 (€2 on domestic) tax on all flights in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

2c is not free though so it's still false advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I think it's something to do with the computer system being able to process the flights that they had to charge 1c each way for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Brimmy wrote: »

What about the vat ,is that not a government tax.They were not charging for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I think it's something to do with the computer system being able to process the flights that they had to charge 1c each way for them.

err - hopefully the boffins who designed the Ryanair website should be able to overcome this one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Is this offer over?

Can't seem to find any 1c flights free of taxes and charges.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

banchang wrote: »
    err - hopefully the boffins who designed the Ryanair website should be able to overcome this one....

I believe it is so you have a legal contract with them - i.e. you entered into a contract by paying the 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

If you have a gripe take it to consumer issues, this is bargain alerts, the flights are a bargain regardless of a measly €10. too many whingers posting about deals on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Plus there wasn't even the measly €10 on these flights.

Advertisement