Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dom perignon?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have a bottle of Cuvee Dom Perignon vintage I got as a gift, can anyone tell me is it worth anything and does it taste good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Think it retails around €150 a bottle, depends on the year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I saw a 99 bottle of this on an irish girft site for 229(that was including delivery)...so about 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I have a bottle of Cuvee Dom Perignon vintage I got as a gift, can anyone tell me is it worth anything and does it taste good?

Had a bottle of Dom in my brothers house in the states in Jan and was really disapointed with it. It was 2001 I think. Maybe it was just me. I am a big fan of Bollinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

murphym7 wrote: »
    was really disapointed with it.

+1

Bought a bottle for about 200 euro for wedding anniversary a few years back and both of us were very disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i agree that it's certainly nothing extraordinary. it's a very nice champagne but you can buy much better for half the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

from workin in tesco's, its 130 down from 135!!!great savings:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Its €130-ish in most places. The 1999 vintage doesn't hold any weight with me, still very raw tasting. The 2000 vintage is a tad bit fresher, which is strange given that its a year younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I had the 2000 recently and I was seriously underwhelmed. It's as prestigious a Champagne name as you'll get though, and is excellent gift material. We paid about €100 for ours in duty-free in Split. You gotta love that packaging too!

Caveat: I drank other wines, and some vodka cocktails, before having the DomPer. And I had LOADS of different foods. It's no wonder the Champagne was completely lost. What a waste.

Advertisement