Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiping Hard Drive Clean

Options
  • 10-03-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello,

I have my laptop a year and a half now and was thinking of wiping the hard drive clean and re installing a windows and the other main software I use onto it.

I have windows vista but never got a windows cd with the laptop. Just wondering how do I get the security codes for my version of windows and also what recommendations/tips do people have for when I'm wiping the hard drive?

Any one got a link or how to for doing this the easiest/most reliable way possible

Cheers
    Conor

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There should be a windows tag on the bottom of the laptop with your vista product key.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you got no cd then either you have a utility to make one or you have a restore partition on the laptop

some only give you the option to make the DVD in the first 30 days :mad:

you could restore from the partition and use something like eraser or sdelete to wipe the remaining space - dban would just kill the restore image too

Advertisement