Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop - MSI?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey All,

I need to get myself a new laptop - I smashed in the screen of my old one :mad:

Looking for something at the mid range - without an integrated card and with a decent amout of RAM.

I found this on komplett.ie for 750 euro - it looks like a good deal? Has 24 months warranty too which is nice. Anyone ever had an MSI notebook before?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=442654

MSI EX620-041NL

MSI digital entertainment notebook with a Blu-ray station to let you look your movies in full HD format.
    • ATi Radeon HD3470
    • Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2GHz processor
    • 4GB RAM
    • 320 GB HDD
    • Wireless internet
    • Webcam
    • Bluetooth
    • 3 USB ports
    • HDMI/VGA port
    • Speakers
    • SD Card reader
    • Blu-ray/combo
    • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Cinema Pro technology offers consumers the finest movie viewing experience. With a simple touch of the exclusive Cinema Pro button; you may immediately switch to movie mode. The quality on screen will be more detailed, the richness in sound and the bass as well as Dolby sound will be activated, providing the finest sensory of the theaters.
    Home viewing is never as good as the theater? The EX620 is here to prove that the homes can be as excellent as any elite theaters.
    The EX620 has selected the ECO engine, the outstanding and unique power saving function by EX620, as the power management function to extend the battery running time while performing different tasks.
    Press on the ECO touch sensor repeatedly to switch among the 5 different modes - gaming mode, movie mode, presentation mode, office mode, and turbo battery mode. This is to minimize the battery power consumption while performing game applications, playing multimedia applications, performing presentation applications, and dealing with documentation.

Also - I just seen another MSI machine with simlar specs for the same price. Would the nVidia card be a better one for gaming? I think the radeon above is very much a media centre card.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=442652

Advertisement