Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Devil's Bit in Templemore

Options
  • 10-03-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I have a stupid question (especially stupid considering how close I live to this thing) but myself and my friends want to attempt to climb the devil's bit.

. . . is there a specific route? Do you just go up? Wikipedia says there's a firing range on there somewhere and I'd like to, well, not wander near it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Hi, I have a stupid question (especially stupid considering how close I live to this thing) but myself and my friends want to attempt to climb the devil's bit.

. . . is there a specific route? Do you just go up? Wikipedia says there's a firing range on there somewhere and I'd like to, well, not wander near it.

It's not really much of a climb to be honest. Use to be fair walk up but less so in recent years as they've built up the road leading to it. You just follow the road, park at the picnic area then walk up till you get to the very top where theres a few rocks you need to climb up. Can't count the number of times we were forced to trek up to the top of the bit as kids, ahh memories. You only have to worry about the firing range if there is a red flag up which isn't very often at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tazpm

Got dragged up it with Ztoical most sundays. Was a good treck till they built a road half way up. If your not fit its a nice climb and the view is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

not much of a climb nice spot though nice views

Advertisement