Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intervarsities

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Intervarsities are coming up in a few weeks, anyone participating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

20 years ago we set up a trampolining club in university specifically so we could go to the intervarsities and get drunk. This sounds similar!! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Darragh169

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

one of our trainings is thursday..trampolining club are in the next hall, they dont seem the drinking type!
    so nobody playing ultimate for varsities no?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

They drink alright.....just not while bouncing up and down. The non-gymnastic looking ones are the drinking section of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Not playing this year. Last year was my final year.

My money as much as i hate to say it is on cork to bottle the final against trinity.

I probably would have gone out to see the final if it wasn't in maynooth, but who knows what might happen.

• Advertisement

as a cork player i hope 'bottle' means 'win' !

but yeah it should be good crack, queens belfast are coming down too, as well as all the uni 2nd teams.
    Which team did you play for volv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jay Jay Cakes

Unfortunately Trinity will win, don't get me wrong they are really nice guys but they always win and they are too strong this year.

I like Cork really nice team and excellent players, they will do really well and hopefully push Trinity close.

DCU, Queens,and DIT are also quite strong this year.

UCD will do quite badly, they don't have a good team.

I wouldn't write Cork off as quickly as you did Jay Jay, I still think trinity will win, but it will be close.

I don't know what DIT are like this year but i'd imagine they've improved from last year, but that doesn't say much.

I don't know Queens at all, but i know that dcu are not going to be contenders where as I'd say UCD will be a strong third. I know they're not the stongest this year but they do have a core of good experienced players and plenty of new talent coming though.

If i had to call it i'd say;

Trinity
    UCC
    UCD
    DIT
    DCU
    ...the rest

I agree with your point that UCC and Trinity will be top two, but surely the fact that UCC have been seeded first has some swing in this argument, uni league and all erlier in the year?
    trinity know what its like to win, and win some more, which is a huge advantage, but I've a feeling this is UCC's year, as the team is probably the strongest its been for a while.
    DIT have gotten a lot better between the start of the year at uni league and now, but I think UCD could end up coming 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 elrosseregon

just to update everyone:

Final Standings
    1. Trinity
    2. UCC
    3. NUIG
    4. DIT
    5. UCD
    6. DCU1
    7. UCC2
    8. UL
    and then the bottom half that I can't quite remember

• Advertisement

Well, I was almost right with my predictions, got the top two right but didn't even think about Galway. Fair play to them for coming second.

I also saw the final myself, which was a cracker.

I really wanted cork to win and put a stop to trinity and I thought they were going to do it with a massive comeback at the end, but Trinity were too strong.

All in all, very entertaining.

:(
    shame, but you predicted it correctly, fair play !
    roll on windmill windup !

Advertisement