Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jazz guitar lessons needed

Options
  • 10-03-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I am looking for somebody who can give me jazz guitar lessons on a regular basis. I life in Dun Loaghaire and would prefer not to travel too far.

Thx
    TJes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Keep an eye on www.gumtree.ie (do a search for guitar lessons).

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

TJes wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for somebody who can give me jazz guitar lessons on a regular basis. I life in Dun Loaghaire and would prefer not to travel too far.

Thx
    TJes

Mike Brookfield is in Portmarnock but only 2 mins walk from the Dart Station.
    http://www.mikebrookfield.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TJes

thx for the help!
    sorry only back on boards.ie today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Hi,

Thx
    TJes

David White is beside Croke Park, but he also teaches in Newpark, so may be able to meet you in the college, or else do an incall on his way home. PM me for his phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TJes

thank you! pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Hi,

Thx
    TJes

If you are interested in online learning - the Jimmy Bruno Guitar Institute is definitely worth checking out

http://www.jimmybrunoguitarinstitute.com/public/main.cfm

You get personalised tuition from one of the best jazz guitarists in the world. It is quite affordable too.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

amicof wrote: »
    Jazz guitarist with 20 year performing experience teaches at Waltons New School, Dublin city centre.
    The method is based on specific "step by step" exercises to stimulate the improvisational process and also relaxation techniques aimed at effortlessly finding the student's personal sound.

Some of the topics covered:

- Ear training
    - Jazz Theory
    - Jazz accompaniment
    - Transcriptions from real recordings and soloing

Biography and recordings are available here: www.myspace.com/franamico

A free 30 minute introductory class is offered to motivated students.

30 min or 60 min classes depending on the student's budget and needs are available.

You should read this (and all the Stickys at the top of each forum).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055468394

Advertisement