Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 13 [ 8 P.M. - 9 P.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 10-03-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Here there be spoilers!

You had to figure that Juma was living on borrowed time after the attack on the White House, but the show continues to surprise me in terms of ending arcs relatively quickly. Two major bad guys in Debachu and now Juma gone at the halfway point - so is it safe to assume Jon Voight's character is now taking over the mantle for the remainder? If so, does that mean the events in Sengala no longer have a bearing on the plot?

Good episode, even if it does look like we're going to be treading the very familiar waters of Jack on the run, being portrayed as the bad guy.

And Bill :(

What did you think of Hour 13? 32 votes

0% 0 votes
    28% 9 votes
    37% 12 votes
    15% 5 votes
    9% 3 votes
    3% 1 vote
    3% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    3% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Good episode.
    Rather sad Bill died. He was 1 of the actual good guys who you knew was reliable. A rare quality in 24.

It's kinda doing what I hoped it wouldn't do this season and go down the road of having multiple terrorists attacks which start straight after the big event of the last few hours has been resolved.
    I hoped with the year break it would be a much tighter story and not have that tacked on feeling that some of the plots feel like.

Where is Tony in all this? I feel there is something bigger going on with him. He just happened to find out about the plot on the white house and now has disappeared again. Hopefully we learn more about that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah poor Bill. Of all the CTU directors he was the best.He always listened to and helped Jack and not shut him down when he went of on his mad crusades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Not Bill feic it loved his character

But great ep 24 back to basics always feel bad fotr the poor unfortuate jack always has to knock unconcious to escape.

Still dunno bout the Chief of staff bad guy or just inept

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

loved the episode... rather sad for Bill...

what was the Martha Logan reference between Aaron and Olivia all about? His motivation to come out of retirement.

and of course Renee will help Jack to save the day.

Weapons... gosh, not diamonds, uranium.. weapons to fight a war against the president... maybe Hodges (John Voight) supported the other presidential candidate... he seem to really hate Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

At least he went out with a bang. :(

Silent clock once again. He was a great character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

what was the Martha Logan reference between Aaron and Olivia all about? His motivation to come out of retirement.

I think she was his motivation to go into retirement.

Anyway, great episode. Hard to see where it'll go from here. There's no further clues for them to trace Hodges and co. so I reckon the next episode will be about Jack hooking back up with Tony. I'm still undecided as to whether Tony will ultimately turn bad. He may be having a patch of conscience at present but could still be caught up on Hodges' side of things. Jack may gleam something from Tony so get started on tracking down Hodges. It's interesting that we already know about Hodges so there may be another story out there somewhere; possibly a Tony - Jack showdown.

Jack will definitely have another meet up with Quentin though! Another tough cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

First off... Bill :(
    One of my favourite charcaters in the show, and as someone mentioned he wasnt a jackass like all the other CTU directors. Sad to see him go.

Anyhoo, now we have the classic jack-on-the-run-but-hes-in-the-right section of the season. Why wont anyone listen to the man for god sake. Good to see Renee finally realising that Jack Bauer is always right.

I still cant get over the death of Bill, this is up there with the worst deaths in the show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

#Daniel wrote: »
    I still cant get over the death of Bill, this is up there the worst deaths in the show :(

I can see a "most heartbreaking/best/worst death in 24 history" poll coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If someone starts one of those polls (with Bills name on it) before the show airs in IE/UK, then you'll be permanently banned from the 24 forum..... I don't want to be on the end of those reported posts. :)

Great episode - action packed with lots of twists. The assassin in the hospital was excellent - very smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Good episode. Really sad to see Bill go. Now we know why Jack opened the doors so easily in the last episode. We should never have doubted him. He always has a plan.

Renee will definitely be working with Jack 'outside' the law. The hospital scene was done really well but Quentin got out of the hospital very quickly. Jack will be meeting up with him again at some stage. That should be a good showdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

A good episode, with a bit of an odd pacing though: both the beginning and the end were very good, but it was pretty slow in the middle, with all the political crap with El President's daughter and setting up Burnett's interrogation. I laughed at Burnett's reaction when he saw Jack, he nearly crapped himself :D.

Bill :(... At least he went out as a hero, rather than getting shot when he was acting as the decoy. First silent clock near the beginning of an episode too? They usually save the "big" deaths for an episode's closing moments and this is the first time I remember a significant death early in the episode.

Jack outside the law has been done way too often, but I'm happy he's free to do whatever the hell he wants now and deal with the situation as he sees fit. I wonder how he'll pick up any leads on Hodges now though.

Renee's reactions to Jack have definitely changed since the first few episodes, a proper team up where she is not second guessing him every two minutes should be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Great episode but im really hoping the president and her gimp of a daughter get tortured to death. Juma you incompetent piece of turd. Jack on the run, hopefully it is tony who helps him and not the conflicted moral police aka reneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bill :(

Just one of the best characters 24 has ever had. I agree with the person who said he was the best CTU director in the shows history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That was pretty good, but a few things really annoyed me. The killer, Quentin, got out of the hospital awful quickly, even faster than Juma nd the crew swam into the White House, and the FBI idiots not spotting that there was something very very wrong with the video feed. The guy's alive one second, then a quick flicker on the video and he's dead. Classic 24 plot hole.

Not enough to over-shadow Bill's death though, and the obligatory noise-less clock.

I hope they haven't blown their load early again though, with the big change in who the bad guys are, it could go like last series, and turn to sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Bad episode. Good first 5min and last 5min..too much filler for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great Episode...

But where is Tony? He was barely been in the season so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Also, where's Chloe? She got arrested in the last episode, and I was thinking that Jack will need her help now that he's a fugitive, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

jor el wrote: »
    Also, where's Chloe? She got arrested in the last episode, and I was thinking that Jack will need her help now that he's a fugitive, again.

Maybe he'll meet back up with Tony and they'll bust her out of FBI custody? They can then set up their little rag-tag team again and make Bill proud :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Loved it.

Gutted Bill's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Really enjoyable episode... sad to see bill go. Great character!
    This has been a really good season so far, there isn't one episode i haven't enjoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Another good episode, poor Bill. Now we're unlikely to find out if Karen's still around! I'm assuming that Jack will contact Tony now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Good episode. the only bit I didn't actually see coming (Bill gave us warning) was the swift change of attitude by the President's daughter and I found that to be a little on the unbelievable side.

I mean her initial "what changed your mind" bit contrasted to what came next was way to OTT.

Not to mention the fact she should hardly be in a mood to be so calculating given her performance during the hostage situation.

I like Jack's new nemises.

Voight's character seems to be a step ahead in terms of intention from Pres Logan. Both seem to be supporting attacks on their own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The last series turned to ****e as soon as Jack's Dad was unveiled as a terrorist.

Liked the Bill death. And unlike Tony, we know he is dead, Jack must have spent ten minutes looking at his blown up body!

I also liked the bit with Quentin in the hospital. Although they better have a good explanation about whatever Juma was supplying to Jon Voight. Weapons would not make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Sucks about Bill but they cudda at least made it a bit more random

It was obvious it was gonna happen

Like pilotin the plane with the nuke in series 2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bill could have possible died at the end of the last episode but then I would have missed it :)

I am sticking with the show on RTÉ but only just, Jack + Toucher = Boring. Do the producers really think that they can convince people that toucher is the only way :rolleyes:

It is just pushed into your face constantly. Lets get over it and get on with writing a storyline, rather than another set of outrageous events that lead to Jack on the run.

A breakdown of a current hour in 24

00:00
    Jack is informed of some plot (terrorism, inside, president, not over, fat lady, who?)
    00:10
    FBI get request that jack interrogate someone (either from the pres or her staff).
    00:20
    Jack does some toucher gets the information, while the FBI look at disgusts at his methods, but the know its what works.
    00:30
    Jack is frame for something he didn't do.
    00:45
    Jack starts to run and ready to piece together the next plot, to toucher for information and finally to go on the run for something else.
    01:00

I did enjoy this episode, I thought it was one the better ones so far. I missed the last one but I am thinking that John Voight is the Sectary of Internal Presidential Information Gathering for Terrorist.

Anyone with me on this? :)

Advertisement