Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi cultural site - Opinions sought

Options
  • 10-03-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm involved in a web project that is based out of Berlin that is aimed towards non mainstream representation of multi cultural groups, minorities, alternative lifestyles and so on. The site will be focused on video work, allowing different groups to submit videos to represent themselves on various issues.

For example, a squatted house project could submit a video to show what they are about, what their political views are etc. The focus then would be on the engagement of other users to encourage discussion and open debate. The site is non-profit and aims to eventually be an open space for free discussion about political and cultural issues focusing on the medium of video.

There has been disagreement about the name - the main name proposed is 'MKTV'. It stands for "Multi Kulti TV"...but it'll only be shown what it stands for on the actual website or in small font on flyers etc.

Obviously mktv.com is taken, and any other main ones like .net, .org and so on, so the current suggestions are either mktv.eu or mktv.cx.

I was hoping you guys would give me some feedback about the name mktv and what your impressions would be from a marketing or word of mouth point of view.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

IS it for a German audience or an international one ? It might be better to get a .DE

some ideas if it's international
    CulturalProblems.com - is free
    MultiCultures.org
    CulturalVideo.com

or you could get a .TV domain also.

viel spas damit !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mahoney.john

go on for mktv.eu it will give you wider scope then .cx

Advertisement