Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangers fans - sound?

Options
  • 10-03-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

I've played against 5 or 6 Rangers fans in the past couple of weeks, and you know, you expect a bit of banter, or a bit of abuse, depending on how much they hate Celtic/Ireland, but they are all actually fairly sound.

There was one lad in particular:
    "Hey mate"
    "Hey, hows it goin?"
    "Not too bad, where you from?"
    "Ireland"
    "...oh..."

He kind of paused for a second, but then when I just carried on talking with him, he was dead sound when he realised that I wasn't going to sing "Artur Boruc the holy goalie" to him for 10 mins, or whatever. Played him 4 or 5 times. The other Rangers fans I've played have all sent messages after the games saying "gg m8" or something similar.

Have to say, any I've come across are dead on. It was a bit surprisingly considering the chants you hear, and the stories you hear (from both sides). Nice to see there are some sound lads there anyway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

We will fight them on the pitches!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread guys. This is a forum for FIFA/PES so please keep all posts on such topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

And I have played and met Celtic fans who are assholes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its the Man Utd fans you have to watch for..now those are a shower of...%$£$ (like Richie) :D

Although its hard to tell a United fan in this game seen as everyone seems to pick them in ranked games regardless, it makes it even more enjoyable for me playing as City for a bit of practice to put 2 or 3 past some fella who thinks he is gaurenteed a win just cos he is United. Thats when you get the really abusive messages or quitters, nothing better than beating them with their rivals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

OP, how old are you? Seriously?

You do realise that nearly all Rangers fans are sound just like most Celtic fans.

Such a weird thread.

EDIT: As I turn on my Xbox I've a friend request from IRA Dano CFC. Talk about coincidence:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    OP, how old are you?

:rolleyes:
    SantryRed wrote: »
    You do realise that nearly all Rangers fans are sound just like most Celtic fans.

:rolleyes: sun, flowers, birds singing, everything is great and everybody loves one another, nothing bad has ever happened between the two halves of Glasgow, right? Theres a word for that. :rolleyes:

I can point you to thousands and thousands of incidents which shows that what you've said above isn't right, easily, but seeing as this is a FIFA forum, I won't bother.

But the point was that now, instead of getting an earful of abuse, you can sit down, have a couple of games of FIFA and some banter with lads who history have shown, are not quite so partial to anything Irish, and after hearing some of the chants sung by thousands of people at Old Firm matches... you wouldn't think that this would ever be the case. You hear horror stories, but I'm pointing out that sides aren't all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Banes05

On the subject of generalisations,its the French you need to look out for;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I can point you to thousands and thousands of incidents which shows that what you've said above isn't right, easily, but seeing as this is a FIFA forum, I won't bother.

But the point was that now, instead of getting an earful of abuse, you can sit down, have a couple of games of FIFA and some banter with lads who history have shown, are not quite so partial to anything Irish, and after hearing some of the chants sung by thousands of people at Old Firm matches... you wouldn't think that this would ever be the case. You hear horror stories, but I'm pointing out that sides aren't all bad.

:pac: Man, this is nothing short of rediculous. How much generalising is that? Seriously, this is the most idiotic thread I've ever seen. And the thread title too, basically means are Rangers fans sound? It's sad. Are you a Celtic fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Banes05 wrote: »
    On the subject of generalisations,its the French you need to look out for;)
    Yes! Yes! Yes! This is what I'm talking about lads, this lad knows me!!! :)

In all fairness, as a person who doesn't see the point in liking any Scottish club, mainly because Scottish Football is brutal and also because my views on the Old Firm clubs have nothing to do with Ireland or the "Free State" or any of that shìte; I think Rangers fans are the nicest lads I talk to between, they give you a chance after mentioning you're from Cavan - fellowed by a lengthy "yeeeooooowwwww" (to point out the stereotype, not the way I act) - and give you a chance just to make sure I'm not some catholic, pope shagging, United Ireland cùnt! I've had a nice few games with them, got best wishes and stuff like that, and imput some compelling argument about stuff bar the normal "Briton vs Ireland" crap!

On the other hand, there's Celtic supporters, who appear to be a bunch of secterian, nordie hating knackers! Seriously scummy people, always on about the IRA, the "Free State" United Ireland, Protestant scum and a favourite of mine - "I hope somebody bombs all those Queen loving wànkers and we'll move in and take back the land thats rightfully ours!" :rolleyes:

Rangers fans > Celtic fans - and thats from a Neutral, United supporting Atheist from the Republic. /thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I came across a young GRFC fan a while back. He asked where I was from and I told him Dublin. I could hear him saying ''he's from Dublin'' to somebody in the background, Then I heard in a thick Scottish accent ''Kick his Irish arse son'' Followed by laughter. I found it funny too. That stuff doesnt bother me online. There was no hostility just some banther and a decent game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

dancor wrote: »
    There was no hostility just some banter and a decent game.

You always hear the bad sh!t all of the place, never the good like above! That was exactly the point of this, even if we are only limited to talking about fifa experiences ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, I don't see the need to continue this thread. It doesn't matter what club you support, you can be a good or a bad person. Any point the OP was trying to make has been made.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement