Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen flickers when i move it? Help!

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

The screen on my HP pavilion laptop flickers when i open the lid sometimes, and if i leave it at a certain angle it will go blank! i know that it probably is a loose connection.. but im not prepaired to try and fix it myself, cause ill make it worse lol. :eek:

but has anybody got any ideas on how much this will cost if its happend to their laptops before and which pc shops are usually the best to bring it to? or if they have any other ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance :pac::pac::pac::D

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It sounds like a loose connection like you said. And it could be as simple as opening it up and re-sitting a connection somewhere between the screen and the laptop. What laptop is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MonicaWonderwow

The laptops a HP Pavillion, its about 3 years old.. and i know its probably simple enough to fix, but, because i never have done that sort of thing before, id rather leave it in somewhere, provided its not ganna cost me the price of a new lappy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MonicaWonderwow

bump

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Unless the thread has fallen off the first page, bumping is frowned upon. Doing so again will result in me closing this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well, it looks more like faulty wired connection between motherboard and laptops screen, this happen quite often especially after few years of using - closing and opening laptops lid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

get the manual and then get a mate to do it, if you are no good with hammers and chisels:p

This thread is over a year old, i presume the OP has sorted it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement