Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel upgrades

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Anyone know how to get a hotel upgrade....
    I often hear of people saying "We got upgraded to a suite, penthouse ect"

Are there any tricks of the trade? :confused:

Hope this is the right place to ask this Question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

First thing you should do is ask if there are any rooms available. Some hotels will even offer you a free upgrade on check in if they are quiet. Mid week normally. The other way is to complain about the room when you check in. Believe me this happens regularly. I have worked in the business for the past 10 years and seen it all. I don't actually work in a hotel but am in them on a daily basis all over Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bargain Requests would be the correct place to post.

A mod will be able to move it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

if you ring or email the hotel 2 or 3 days before you go tell them it is a special ocassion birthday or anniversey and ask them for a free up grade this sometimes works give it a go, most hotels are half empty at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Davy wrote: »
    Bargain Requests would be the correct place to post.

A mod will be able to move it for you.

Use this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement