Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop crackles on startup and when playing music

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi my laptop has just developed this problem when im playing music the sound is distorted it crackles its pure anoying it does this aswell on startup and i get a message that virtual memeory too low how can fix these problems.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

If you have vista are you using readyboost? I had a similar problem and I removed the sd card I was using for readyboost and it fixed it. Maybe im way off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aberry9036

By "crackles on startup" do you mean it crackles when it's supposed to be playing the windows startup sound? One way to (possibly) test if it's hardware or software, would be to stick a set of headphones in it and check if it still crackles, if it doesn't then it could be dodgy speakers in your laptop, if it does then it could either be a driver problem or a hardware problem.

If you post your make and model (the full model, e.g. rather than just "Sony VAIO, it would be Sony VAIO VGN-AR-11B" or whatever) I'll try and point you towards an update or similiar, which should be your second port of call to try and fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 blueoval

ya it crackles when playing the windows start up tune and when i playing my music on limewire it happened about 2 years ago aswell but i gave it to harvey normans as it was under warrenty but forget what the problem was my laptop is a hp pavillion dv5000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 blueoval

sound aberry9036 and still crackles with my headphones in so hardwear problem

Advertisement