Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player Plug-ins

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭

Lately I've installed the new WMP11 onto my laptop, but a lot of songs don't play as they require a licence. When I choose a song that needs the licence, it goes automatically to the page, but when I press 'Download licence' an aerror screen appears saying 'Error: your Netscape browser does not have "Microsoft® Windows Media Services" plug-ins installed.'

I've tried looking around for a relevent plug-in so this would work, but to no avail so far. IS there anyone that might be able to help sort out this problem for me? Cheers for any help, have gotten me through a few problems before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Mushy wrote: »
    Lately I've installed the new WMP11 onto my laptop, but a lot of songs don't play as they require a licence. When I choose a song that needs the licence, it goes automatically to the page, but when I press 'Download licence' an aerror screen appears saying 'Error: your Netscape browser does not have "Microsoft® Windows Media Services" plug-ins installed.'

I've tried looking around for a relevent plug-in so this would work, but to no avail so far. IS there anyone that might be able to help sort out this problem for me? Cheers for any help, have gotten me through a few problems before.

Is that by any chance music that you purchased through iTunes?
    Sounds like a DRM issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No, I don't use/have iTunes. Also, its a Firefox plugin I need, but have actually just found one, and downloaded it, yet it still isn't working. Does that help any further at all? Its downloaded to my desktop, so might need a different location.

Advertisement