Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am hopping mad. I thought that petrol prices should be coming down but instead they have gone up to the ridiculous level of €1.069 (let's say €1.07 because it may as well be)per litre. I was really angry about it so I wrote a blog on Petrol Prices. The petrol stations in question are in Kilmacanogue (Kilmac) on the N11.

The very next day I discovered that petrol prices on the N7 were just €1.02 per litre.

I had to write more on Petrol prices in my blog which was supposed to be about jobs.

The fact of the matter is that prices are being fixed along the N11 route. There may not be actual collusion (as in meetings between station owners) but they all know that they can get away with ripping us off because they are all doing it. If every petrol station stays within a cent of the others they can artificially inflate prices.

All the petrol comes from the same place, costs the same amount, so why is there such a huge price difference between two locations which have a similar distance from the source of the petrol?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hobnob101

I forgot to mention, that I actually asked them in the north-bound petrol station in Kilmacanogue (Kilmac) how come the petrol prices had gone up so much.
    The reply I got was "I know.... I thought they were coming down too".

They Have come down in other places.... but greed and avarice are alive and well in North County Wicklow. It's our own fault too. We let them rip us off by paying petrol prices that just are not warranted. So long as we do, we will be ripped off by the fat-cat Petrol station owners who are laughing at us all while sipping their champagne well into the recession. I bet they have cut staff salaries too, to really capitalise on making a mint during the recession - if they were not on minimum wage to start with. It's greed like this that created the mess the country is in now.

Am I angry, bitter, resentful? You bet I am. I don't like people making a fool out of me.

Petrol Prices in Dublin are not any better. They have less transportation costs , more customers and yet manage to charge more than many of the remotest stations in Ireland. We put up with it because we value convenience over value for money. That is fine while we can afford it. . . . It remains to be seen what will happen as the economy gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

This is not a Conspiracy Theory and this forum is not a place to pimp your blog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement