Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match Thread** Tues,March 10th @ 19:15 in Wesley (2) - Boardeaux V The full irish

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

must win, must win, must win. we owe them one for the last game.

im not sure if i can play yet, will more more closer to the game, knee is getting better and better all the time just needs as must rest as possible. i will be there togged out anyway and up to des if ill play.

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes (will be heading the the US on Wednesday morning so cant play next week)

Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie -
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

**** this match for being so early. I'll be there. But possibly late with public transport issues and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Cathal -
    Mick Mc -

Larry-
    Lepo -
    Derek -
    Peter -
    Gav -
    Mark -
    Gar -
    Dave -

Art -
    Eddie - YES (cycling from work, possibly won't make kick off. Will text Des if so)
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Daryl -
    Clayton - No

Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes

Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes

Cathal -
    Mick Mc - No

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - Yes
    Peter - No
    Gav - Yes
    Mark -
    Gar - No
    Dave - Yes

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES (cycling from work, possibly won't make kick off. Will text Des if so)
    Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whats up with Clay?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Whats up with Clay?

is daryll about? if not, ill go in goals if needed though mick also out means 2changes in defence from last week already.

is daryll about? if not, ill go in goals if needed though mick also out means 2changes in defence from last week already.

Not after Saturdays performance Ed, thanks anyway:D:D

Not after Saturdays performance Ed, thanks anyway:D:D

twas more about the comic defending going on in front of me and jules than the keeping ya cheeky b*llix!!!!!! :D:D:D

twas more about the comic defending going on in front of me and jules than the keeping ya cheeky b*llix!!!!!! :D:D:D

I won't argue, I was bench warming when they scored :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

What about the comic defending you were at in the first half?? :eek:

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What about the comic defending you were at in the first half?? :eek:

hence why i said jules :rolleyes: everybody in the back 4 made one big mistake. dan was the only one that got away with it as his man missed from 6 yards out.

anyway, whats the story with larry, ciaran, mark and daryll for tonight?

Storming performance in a very physical encounter. We got stuck right in and went 2-0 up in the first 20 mins with 2 very good goals. They got ontop for the last 5-10 mins.

The scored nearly straight away in the 2nd half from us not clearing a corner and then shortly after again.

We battled hard with Dave getting sent off but with a couple of minutes left Ciaran snatched a great winner for us after a bit of a goal mouth scramble.

3 points well earned gents.

Again a great performance by Derek in the middle of the park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Apologies gentlemen, I'm just back from Rome for the last two days, so wasn't in touch.

Another battling win..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads.

Who scored? :o

Ciaran, Dave and Gav was it?

dfx- wrote: »
    Apologies gentlemen, I'm just back from Rome for the last two days, so wasn't in touch.

Another battling win..:cool:

jaysus daryll, you get a chance to play 2 full games and stake your claim to regain the number 1 spot and you miss both:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i had to play in goal last nite.

anyway, good win, great battling. yes we lost a 2-0 lead, but the fact we battled back to get the win is testiment to where we have come. we have done this 3 times this season (winning games late) now and we didnt do it once in the past 4 seasons.

both goals were tap ins so disappointing that we switched off and left men free in the box but overall we defended really well.

BTW des, your spot on with the goal scorers.
    that takes Ciaran up to 11, our highest ever. dave is knocking them in also.

Derek was clearly MOM and we are a far better team when he is playing, well done lad. geoff was solid, especially in the first half and everybody else played their part.

2nd place is ours to lose lads, lets make sure we dont lose it. Des, does 2nd place guarantee a nite out at the end of season presentation or what? Maybe Gary can answer this, his team came second last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Agree with what's been said above, quality 3 points well earned. Thought Ciaran really deserved to get on the scoresheet cos of his all round play but also for the excellent workrate he puts in with lots of tracking back. He did well to clip it over the pile of bodies me and the keeper were causing :)

Lovely passing football played at times in the first half, really great to see - there's not many teams we've come across that can match us there. Too intricate at times though with almost a reluctance to shoot from outside the box. For the past few games I've been thinking our midfielders and wingers tend to pick the passes they themselves would like to receive as opposed to playing it where the striker is calling it. Noticed Ciaran getting rightly frustrated when making a smart diagonal run only for the midfielder to play it out wide. We seem to be averse to cutting it back to the edge of the box from out wide and prefer playing it across - nice to mix it up at times.

We fell into our old habit of defence sitting far too deep second half and that brought them onto us and stretched the game so we didn't have the short interplays as in the first.

But what a way to take it to them in the last 10, some great balls won there and well deserved winner.

Advertisement