Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 605 media player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

To be honest I bought one of these and thought the sound was terrible on it.
    Very low volume and wasn't much of a fan of the interface.
    I sold it a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

superfly wrote: »
    Pixmania have a reconditioned Archos 605 for €139 with two years warranty
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2387287/art/archos/605-30-gb-wifi-multimedia.html

ibood had it for 99.95 (20gb) on saturday :( damn work email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I sold it a week later.

I've had one for about 14 months now, use it on the DART every day, drowns out the sound around me - found the volume and interface fine (although I don't use the earphones that came with it, maybe that's it).

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

I sold it a week later.

The headphones that come with it are crap. For over a year I was commuting back and forth to Poland weekly by plane. My archos was I life saver. I spent the whole flight each time (when permitted of course!) watching films...so no problems with sound for me! My Archos is one of the best gadgets I've ever had. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

great player, would highly recommend it, although im pretty sure there have been better offers on these since the new archos range came out. if it was 80gb or 160gb it'd be a much sweeter deal.

for example: http://www.newmp3technology.com/605-80-superkit.htm

80gb player, dvr dock (which retails at around €80 - 100) and a bunch of accesories for €250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

If anyone was considering get one of these I'd also recommend getting a mini dock with it.

It allows you to charge it through the mains much quicker, output the video to a TV and also play/copy files from a USB key. It means if you had a 4GB+ key you can carry around a few extra films or albums. Very handy.

Worth remembering too that the browser needs to be bought as an additional plugin to get web functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

F**k the TV dock. Just get the cable. It's a special cable, and works a charm. Have tried it with other cables that had a mini jack one end, and the video + red/white audio connections, but the archos only works with the cable you buy from their website. Works on the 504, 605m etc. Also, it only needs the cable. Plugs into the TV, you output the signal, and you can find it with ease on the TV.

For the record, I have a 504. Have Sony "wrap around the back of your head" earphones for music, and walking around, but when I was on the commute, I found buying a decent set of headphones helped a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Can't say enough about the archos 605 I use mine every day, stream from a meadia box upstairs to the telly, have the dock in the sitting room and a mini battery dock to connect to any other tv (home or away) best thing since sliced bread still have my 505 too, it's 4 years old now and still works and neither have had easy lives!! I travel with them constantly (give herself the 505)

Like everything there's always a dud one or two off the line, but if your thinking about a PMP believe me this is a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have the 160gb model but all the buttons down the right hand side are broken, I've lost the USB cable and to be honest, this is too good a deal to turn down.

If only I could afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I have the 160gb model but all the buttons down the right hand side are broken, I've lost the USB cable and to be honest, this is too good a deal to turn down.

So you'll get the cheapest model possible, and put your HDD from the current one into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

You could just order a replacment cable from archos. at least you've still got the touchscreen so its fully functional that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

I sold it a week later.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1815659/art/thumbs-up/la-brique.html

atleast with this you can have 1,00,000 times the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

grimm2005 wrote: »
    You could just order a replacment cable from archos. at least you've still got the touchscreen so its fully functional that way

You'll find cables on Ebay.

Advertisement