Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band box set at 84.99€ at Smyths

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Reduced from 139.99€. This includes Guitar, drums and microphone, not the game itself. I saw it for Wii and Xbox360.

They also sell the drum kit only for 49.99€ (instead of 84.99€). I only bought the drums since I've already got a guitar from GH. It's pretty loud compared to the GH set but so much more affordable and still so much fun... The drums experience is also definitely closer to reality.

Please see here for instrument compatibility.

Here is the link to Smyths online shop (allows you to check availability!).

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Cheers for this boss. Now if only I could find the game cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've seen Rock Band going second hand for €39.99 (maybe even €29.99, not 100% sure) in GameStop.

Bear in mind that they are probably dropping prices for the old kit to make room for the new vastly superior Rock Band 2 drums/guitars which haven't been released in Europe yet (as far as I know). The RB1 drums have serious quality issues and break/lose sensitivity easily (thats if they even work out of the box in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

Lamposts, I saw the Rock Band Wii game in Xtravision in Ranelagh for 19.99 yesterday (reduced from 39.99) - I think it was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Isn't it the same for all versions? Galway definately have it for ps3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

€155 for the full kit + game in Game.. PS3 version anyway.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I've seen Rock Band going second hand for €39.99 (maybe even €29.99, not 100% sure) in GameStop.

The RB1 drums have serious quality issues and break/lose sensitivity easily (thats if they even work out of the box in the first place).

See it's things like these that put me off getting it now, surely the drums can't be that bad :(
    fizzy wrote: »
    Lamposts, I saw the Rock Band Wii game in Xtravision in Ranelagh for 19.99 yesterday (reduced from 39.99) - I think it was new.

Ah cheers for the heads up fizzy. Don't know if i'll bother with it if the drums are all faulty.

In Smyths in Galway it's 84.99 for the Band in a box set and 34.99 for the game reduced from 59.99

So it's €120 for the lot, what a bargin, very pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Lamposts wrote: »
    See it's things like these that put me off getting it now, surely the drums can't be that bad :(

Ah cheers for the heads up fizzy. Don't know if i'll bother with it if the drums are all faulty.

I'm holding off on the Rock Band 1 kit as its terrible quality and RB2 instruments are due soon.
    RB1 drums are too noisy, unreliable & the bass pedal breaks far far too easy, not a fan of the guitar also.
    The RB2 instruments are far superior.

Sure, why don't you buy it now and sell it when youre done/buying rb2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

For those holding off for RB2; from what I've heard, the Guitar Hero drums are supposedly the superior set.

• Advertisement

When are these "superior" instruments due?

Advertisement