Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett : Stock Clearance

Options
  • 09-03-2009 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭

Looks like Komplett are starting their spring cleaning early, upto 70% off some stuff.
    Just hope this will not turn into a closing down sale.....

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kcf.asp?id=2814

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

fair amount of crap being shifted there to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

judging by the way komplett is expanding in Ireland i seriously doubt they'll be closing down anytime soon.

ireland is one of their biggest markets and i don't have figures to back it up but i'm sure the irish spend more per capita with komplett than any other country that komplett sell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

TheDriver wrote: »
    fair amount of crap being shifted there to be honest
    There's not much, not even a HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maxy jazz

plus you have their terrible aftersales service. good luck with that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

maxy jazz wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with Komplett, I buy everything off them, on a couple of occassions I've had to contact them and have never had a problem

• Advertisement

clareman - your lucky then, I have mate who had major problems getting a faulty USB stick replaced. what a nightmare. they will do anything to opt out of their warranty. a quick google will reveal how bad their aftersales service is in europe. nothing but hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

clareman - your lucky then, I have mate who had major problems getting a faulty USB stick replaced. what a nightmare. they will do anything to opt out of their warranty. a quick google will reveal how bad their aftersales service is in europe. nothing but hassle.

They are amazing compared to Pixmania though.....

i think the worst is dabs.ie, what a bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i thought they were great until getting an external hdd drive back to them, cost of posting it to Dub was not worth the savings I made and of course no refund on that either.

for my mate it was same. he lives in Dublin so dropped the USB stick with them. after 4 weeks it was not resolved. unreal. Finally they did send him a new USB stick but the wrong type. what an outfit. putting a customer through so much hassle of a USB. good riddance I say!

• Advertisement

I know, I got a graphics card from them, worked for two minutes, week of messing on the phone, had to send the card back (I had to pay postage, never got money from them for it).
    Two weeks later same card comes back with a letter saying there was nothing wrong with, plug it in and it doesn't work at all. Another few days of phone calls, I send the card back again, three weeks later get a phone call from them saying that there is a fault with the card and they would send out a new replacement, two weeks later I get a brown box with a refurb card no cables, cd, all the bits I had were sent off with the busted one, and best of all that card didn't work either.
    Had to send that back, week later another phone call and offer of another card, I just asked for a refund, simple enough I thought :rolleyes:, another phone call and one pissed off customer "me" , finally get a refund but no refund for the three postage :mad:

Never again !

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I know, I got a graphics card from them, worked for two minutes, week of messing on the phone, had to send the card back (I had to pay postage, never got money from them for it).
    Two weeks later same card comes back with a letter saying there was nothing wrong with, plug it in and it doesn't work at all. Another few days of phone calls, I send the card back again, three weeks later get a phone call from them saying that there is a fault with the card and they would send out a new replacement, two weeks later I get a brown box with a refurb card no cables, cd, all the bits I had were sent off with the busted one, and best of all that card didn't work either.
    Had to send that back, week later another phone call and offer of another card, I just asked for a refund, simple enough I thought :rolleyes:, another phone call and one pissed off customer "me" , finally get a refund but no refund for the three postage :mad:

Never again !

at the same time the prices are good. its a pity they dont work on their aftersales customer services. the amount of browned of customers must be growing. particularly in these recessionary times. idiots.

at the same time the prices are good. its a pity they dont work on their aftersales customer services. the amount of browned of customers must be growing. particularly in these recessionary times. idiots.
    Very true, sometimes there are bargins but after my experience I go elsewhere now, even if it costs me a bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Loved them until I a monitor I ordered from them was faulty on delivery and they tried to make me do an RTM (which would have left me without it for two months or so) instead of simply replacing it . Eventually refunded me when I kicked up a stink on the commercial interaction forum here on boards but haven't bought from them again. Lousy after-sales service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

komplett are morons

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=326181

anyone who thinks that they're prices are good isn't looking around hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor

- Komplett - €79.00 http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=312877

- 7 DayShop.com - £49.95 (€54.63) http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_15&products_id=105383

....It pays to shop around!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flatpack

while we are talking about komplett,
    on each purchase they send euro power plug cable :mad: just wanted to know its same with every one or its just me:confused:

it depends where the electronic product is sourced, tv probably come standard 3 pin plug. EU products have the adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

geld wrote: »

- 7 DayShop.com - £49.95 (€54.63) http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_15&products_id=105383

Komplett are def not cheap. Overclockers.co.uk are cheaper on most things.

you defo have to shop around. overclockers are more expensive for usb sticks:
    e.g.
    corsair 8Gig 19.90GBP whereas komplete its only 19 EUR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

geld wrote: »

I have used 7dayshop but I'm glad I never had to contact them: http://ocaoimh.ie/2005/05/24/7dayshopcom-review-and-my-bad-experience/

And google is full of many other bad reviews of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I've heard bad stories from just about eveywhere at this stage. Your probably better off contacting the manufacturer directly in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭flatpack

it really shouldn't matter coz i m purchased from .ie which mean 3 pin standard :rolleyes: and i hate those adapter things come with eu plug.
    it depends where the electronic product is sourced, tv probably come standard 3 pin plug. EU products have the adapter.

flatpack wrote: »
    it really shouldn't matter coz i m purchased from .ie which mean 3 pin standard :rolleyes: and i hate those adapter things come with eu plug.

you would think, but they have to be shipping the product from mainland eu. bit if a pain. does that also mean they avoid the recycle thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the best one is when they send a power adapter block with 2 pins and a 2 to 3 pin adapter that will never fit the block and the fact they accused me of damaging a processor that wasn't working and when it came back from them it had 2 marks on the top wich weren't there when i sent (just didnt take a photo before sending wont make that mistake again. (wont make the mistake of using komplett either or havent for aboout 4 years anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Komplette basically ignore any emails you send them. If something dies on you it may be cheaper to bin it and buy a new one which is probably what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have to say I've bought and returned things to Komplett and never had any problems, fast, efficient, and good communication.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There're some ok offers there in fairness. Annoyed that the Nzxt Rogue case I bought not 2 months ago is now reduced :) Such is life of course..

I've only ever had to RMA 1 thing to Komplett and whilst I had to pay the postage, the whole thing was resolved within 2 weeks (full refund on a no longer stocked NAS).

Have all these people who're bitching about them brought these things to the attention of the Komplett Commercial Interaction forum? They've always struck me as being keen to fix stuff there when they can.

Advertisement