Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone?

Options
  • 08-03-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

OK, I was in the middle of defragging my laptop and i accidentally closed the lid. The problem is that now something is wrong with the BIOS. There is no error message, it just hangs. I don't know if this is a bug on Windows Seven or what, so if you're running Seven be careful with the defrag.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd be very wary of running win 7 as a primary OS. I had it to try out for a little while, only recently got rid of it. So does it get past the bios? Does windows just stall before starting up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I doubt the defrag made any changes to the bios... Kind of sounds more like you might've killed your hard drive:eek:

Maybe try taking the battery out for a bit and putting it back in
    Can you access the bios settings? (press F2 or DEL when it first appears)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Obsidian

Nah the HD is grand, i found the problem in the end. The pc was trying to boot from a non-existent DVD. Thanks anyway.

And i have had no problems from running Seven as my main OS.
    Whereas i see XP and Vista as the pain-in-the-ass angsty teen, Seven seems to be the quiet one the does its homework. I'm still not buying it when the RC is released. Not at those prices anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement