Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart telecom broadband

Options
  • 08-03-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am thinking of changing over to Smart telecom from eircom for phone and broadband. I will save over €20 a month and I will get 5 meg speed instead of 2. Has anyone got expierence of this service and if it is worth it?
    I tried changing about 3 years ago but had to change phone number and there would be about 3 week break in service, so I gave it a miss as I couldn't be doing with the hassell. They tell me this has changed now. Is this true?

G

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes (No?) you do not have to change your number anymore.
    Great ISP. Rock solid speeds.

Don't know about the current delay, eircom tend to drag things out a bit, but it's absolutely worth the wait. You'll wonder why more people don't switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gagetman

Thanks Spurious. Do you work for Smart?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 conordarcy

I currently have a 6Mb line from Smart......perfect service.
    Speed tests average @ about 6.25Mb, you cant ask for anything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I have had Smart for four years without any problems whatsoever apart from the change phone number hassle at the start, but it has been well worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gagetman wrote: »
    Thanks Spurious. Do you work for Smart?

No I don't.
    I'm a customer of theirs and have recommended them to many.
    From April they are increasing their upload speeds and upgrading the existing packages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jimpsta

Smart Telecom rock!

I had 15mb, got a letter telling me im getting a 24mb free upgrade about 6 months ago. happy days!

Just got anotherl etter telling me my upload will be increased from 1mb to 2mb for free in the coming weeks!

Have had them 3 years and been up all the time.. I use the BB constantly and for lots of work and downloading!

Get Smart! They rock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gadfly

No problems with Smart Telecom. If it's available to you, get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gagetman

Thanks everyone for all your replys, it was intersting to hear everyone's point of view. I have to say I went with Chorus in the end. The price was the best, have it installed and so far so good
    G

Advertisement