Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia 7600 GT Dual-DVI capability

Options
  • 08-03-2009 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Should this guy support a Samsung 305T+? The text rendering on this monitor is supposed to be excellent, but at 2560x1600 I'm going cross-eyed with a kind of slightly out of sync fuzziness. I tried it on the other port on the card, but that only goes up as far as 1024x768 if I want to keep the content on-screen without scrolling..

The Nvidia site says it supports 2560x1600 but I'm wondering is it at the low end of "support"? Should I upgrade or is something wrong? If the former, would a Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GTX+ cut the mustard?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,784 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You miiiight be able to squeeze an extra drip of performance out of it with a high-end DVI cable. Is that the native res of your monitor? I sometimes use the laptop through the 40" HDTV over HDMI @ 1200x800 (I'm 10' away and thats the most comfortable res - no fuzz, no squinting needed to read) - take into account the distance from your screen if you arent using it at a desk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, that's the native res. So I'm stretching the limit of the card yeah? Would I not be better off upgrading it rather than the cable?

Thanks,
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Well, no, if the card is doing exactly what you want, with an improved cable that is, then you'll only be a a couple hundred quid worse off if you upgrade.

Advertisement