Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Paddy's weekend

Options
  • 08-03-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Once again have bit hit by the total lack of websites about Portlaoise.

Can anyone tell me what events are on? for Paddy's weekend/festival? I assume things will kick off Friday in advance of it.

There's a funfair, which as far as I can make out will be at the empty Aldi plot?

The parade I know is 3.30 starting at Centrepoint, with street entertainments.

What about pubs/gigs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kav28

Kavanaghs has music in the new upstairs venue on Fri Night. Its an amnesty international night with Transmitter headlining and AM Kelly from Today FM on beforehand. Admin is €10 with teh money going to Amnesty International.

Local Band Voodoo are playing the same venue on Monday Night, Paddy's Eve. Doors open at 9pm support is Andy Williams and there's no c/c. Also late closing on Monday night/Paddy's Eve.

On Paddy's Day there's always a trad session in the bar that evening.

Also you've got the big game on Sat if Scotland V Ireland at 5pm.:D

Entertainment.ie is always pretty good for advertising music / comedy gigs in Portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jakestevens

Take a look at the Leinster Express, most of the pubs in Portlaoise advertise in there.

Advertisement