Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British goverment ordered hit on their own soldiers

Options
  • 08-03-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

Sinn fein are looking increasingly likely to win a lot of seats in the coming elections. Many governments have killed their own people for political purposes and the English have gotten very good at it.I believe this is the work of the government in England. Have a read opinion piece which sums it all up really.Sin feinn have said in the past about the false economy and the building sector.
    Sinn Fein now has its best chance to make inroads in South

1224241664369_1.jpgSinn Fein's Martin McGuinness, Mary Lou McDonald and Gerry Adams at the ardfheis in Dublin.
    Photograph: Julien Behal/PA

In this section »

ANALYSIS: Sinn Féins focus once more is on making gains in the South, as the political tectonic plates in the Republic shift, writes MARK HENNESSY
    FOR YEARS, Sinn Féin has been dominated by its northern wing, and lacking a sure touch when it came to capturing seats in the Republic.
    In 2002, it did well in the Dáil elections, and believed it could do better again, riding off the back of political progress in Stormont.

That strategy has failed due to lack of interest on the part of voters in the Republic, and now the party has accepted the need for a stronger southern brand.
    Step forward Dublin MEP Mary Lou McDonald, who was given the best speaking slots during the ardfheis weekend, and the best lines. “The politics of me féin has failed. Now it is time for the politics of Sinn Féin,” she told delegates during the keynote speech on Friday night.
    She mentioned Northern Ireland only at the back end of her speech, and then it was about the effects of cross-Border shopping and the economic effects of the Border.
    However, some work remains to be done on the packaging and, indeed, on the party’s economic policies, which still lack teeth.

Though equipped with a well-written speech both then and again on Saturday, McDonald only rarely moved delegates into sustained applause.
    With both the Government and the economy in trouble and 100,000 workers taking to the streets, Sinn Féin knows it must capitalise now.
    However, such numbers have appeared before on Irish streets: during the tax marches of the 1980s and over the Iraq war.

The old political map did not collapse then but there is some evidence that what is happening now is of a different order of magnitude.
    Gerry Adams clearly believes that an opportunity to topple the old order exists if Sinn Féin can develop links with the Labour Party, the Greens, trade unions and a plethora of community organisations around the country.
    Fianna Fáil’s replacement by Fine Gael “would be like replacing Tweedledum with Tweedledee”, he said, as he urged Labour not to prop up either Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael and to explore instead “the potential for co-operation in the future”.

Siptu leader Jack O’Connor was also lauded as he – the only senior union leader to so do – arrived fresh from the Dublin city centre protests against the pension levy and the recession.
    Sinn Féin faces challenges. McDonald will face a battle royal to hold on in Dublin where the European Parliament seat numbers are falling from four to three.
    However, a victory cannot be ruled out. Fine Gael’s Gay Mitchell should be safe. So too should Labour’s Proinsias De Rosa if he benefits from the party’s current poll “bounce”.
    Fianna Fáil’s Eoin Ryan, though, has reason to be worried as his party’s support in the capital haemorrhages. But stranger things have happened.
    However, the European Parliament is not where McDonald needs to be if she is to become the de facto Sinn Féin leader in the Republic.

A decision on the Dublin Central byelection has yet to be made, but it could coincide with the European elections, leaving her with no seat of any kind if she loses in June.
    However, she is open to attack, too, if the byelection is held later, since she will be portrayed in the European elections as one who intends to keep a Brussels seat warm only until a Dáil place appears.
    In the coming weeks, Sinn Féin is to produce a series of documents outlining its economic policies, following months of work behind the scenes.
    It had been highlighted in advance that leading figures would begin to put some flesh on the bones of the policies to come over the ardfheis weekend.

However, the details that came were patchy and failed to convince, and certainly failed to differentiate the party from the clutter of noise amongst the Opposition.
    It is certainly the case that Sinn Féin was calling for higher taxation rates when no-one else was and this is something that will now have to happen.
    Equally, it is true that the party railed against the open season enjoyed for years by property developers before others did.

But it is not clear if Irish voters are ready to accept the view that the State “should be the employer of last resort, and the consumer of last resort”, as one delegate said.
    However, many economic and political totems have fallen by the wayside and many more will go in the months ahead as the recession bites.
    Sinn Féin has its best ever chance of making gains if it can capture the spirit of the times in the Republic. It may be its only one.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/0223/1224241664369.html

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I can't read that wall of text. Is there anything in it or the links that even hints that British government agents were complicit in the deaths of solidiers in Northern Ireland?

What exactly makes you believe that this is true, or is it just a fanciful theory in your head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Veni Vedi Vici

MarkR wrote: »
    I can't read that wall of text. Is there anything in it or the links that even hints that British government agents were complicit in the deaths of solidiers in Northern Ireland?

I've skimmed through the posted text (the word soldier isn't metioned once there, I'm sure its picked up on in the provided links) though a brief summarized paragraph before the article would have helped. ;)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just scanned all those articles. Seems to have NOTHING to do with any government killing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I just scanned all those articles. Seems to have NOTHING to do with any government killing anyone.

That's because the government is surpressing information from us again.

Didn't you do your Conspiracy Theory 101? "If absolutely no evidence can be found to support your theory this is clear evidence of a cover up". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

British goverment ordered hit on their own soldiers

<mod snip>
    s

read this then to see what they are capable of.

http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/arts2004/feb20_DJ_Stakeknife__GHarkin.php

• Advertisement

Thats an interesting link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Thats an interesting link.

Thanks but more importantly died you my bad joke?

government ordered to "hit on" their own soliders...Gay MP with boyfrend...Ah, nevermind;)

Yeah if you go through my posts on this thread there is a lot better links on the FRU

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055432270

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think this is funnier. :D

I dont. I'll let you edit your own post though.

6th wrote: »
    I dont. I'll let you edit your own post though.

Sent you a PM just to clarify (and also not to derail thread).

Deleted, post now irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Since the move to Soc I am a little concerned that "in jokes" in serious threads may alienate new comers to the forum. Images stand out in threads and will often get more attention than the posts that people have put a lot of time into.

Back on topic now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

<mod snip>

s

read this then to see what they are capable of.

http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/arts2004/feb20_DJ_Stakeknife__GHarkin.php

Just seems to be an updated version of the Dirty War:

http://www.kennys.ie/Search_Results.aspx?profile=Books&view=single&Barcode=KHS0083514

Was published in 1991.

If the OP is saying that the 2 soldiers were killed to discredit SF in the South, I don't get it. Why didn't they do similar when it was becoming clear SF would be in Govt. in the North?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I've also heard that theory... however no shots have been fired back. But the Boss-soldier guy said that people wouldnt shoot at a close group... but what about when they are fleeing?

Someone else said its because they want to justify anti terrorist squads and a new MI5 base in belfast..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Someone else said its because they want to justify anti terrorist squads and a new MI5 base in belfast..

Would find that one more plausible.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Unbelievable odds of 36 hours out of 12 years - Soldiers shot 36 hours after Chief Constable confirms covert British Operations.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=822

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Unbelievable odds of 36 hours out of 12 years - Soldiers shot 36 hours after Chief Constable confirms covert British Operations.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=822

I actually agree with you but I'm guessing for different reasons. I think this shooting may well have been brought forward or planned because of the reintroduction of covert operations. Not because the British had anything to do with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

what dowe actually know aboit the RIRA tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Irish retailers would make more sense, see if any one from Dublin will head north this weekend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Just discusin this witha few mates,

I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out later that the PSNI officer murdered in Craigavon had absolutley nothing to do with 'Sectarian' violence and is instead a good old fashioned Criminal Hit to hinder whatever that oficer was investigting, just done so on this particular day as a deception to distract people intothinkin that tere was somepolitical motive.

as I read more of the released details of the situation this it seems very 'Coincidental' that 2 organisations would strikeup within hours of each other at diferent ends of the occupied terrotories for apparently no good reason.

we all know that these 'men' are cowardly Sh!tbags who hide behind the pretence of -Valliant freedom Fighters trying to free our country from oppression-, Well My Grandad and a lot of people related to posters here were that, these Cnuts are not, they are murdering drugdealin standover merchants who found they had no place in a peaceful society,so tis no real stretch to believe that they would be willing to slaughter a cop because he was gettin close or had wtnessed something and to do it so in such a way as to disguise their true intentions with sectarian bullsh1t.

just my thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 33cl

The coincidences are quite strange alright but is there any real evidence that 'the Brits did it'? I don't think the Unionists & British securocrats (to borrow that SF term) expected McGuinness & SF to come out so forcefully and condemn the 'traitors to Ireland'. However, I think most believe RIRA/CIRA/INLA to be completely separate orgs to SF/PIRA and thus the Brit intelligence services would've had to make it look like a PIRA operation if they were to do a false flag on it. Since the media & politicians are saying it was a dissident attack, I cant see how the general situation changes vis-a-vis the peace process, etc. What are these anti-terror spooks going to be doing anyway? Maybe I'm naive but surely they'd only be monitoring the dissident groups & a few loyalists, regardless of whether the soldier killings had happened or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement