Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need help!

Options
  • 08-03-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, i was out skating the other day and i tried to hit this 6 stair in town, i landed it a few times:D big deal for me cause i havent been skatin for long, only a few months, anyway, i tried it once more and the board credit-carded me in the ass, it hurt like hell but the worst part is the board got a big chip at the top of it, i tried to fix it with some weatherproof wood adhesive, but its not working, does anybody have any ideas? its really annoying as i only got the board at xmas and its my first proper pro board, somebody plz help:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Afraid when that happens all you can do it either rip the piece off and keep skating it or buy a new deck. Personally, i'd buy a new deck. Nothing better than a new deck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

yeah i'll pron do that when i get money, the one i have now is an alien workshop board, but i dont really like it cause the graphic comes off so easily, seriously it was almost completely gone within a week of getting it. Im thinking of getting a Plan B, anybody have any ideas to what i should get??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

You can repair it (using wood stopping, mixed wood glue and sawdust or even isopon) but if you have the cash just get a new deck. Buy a boarderco great quality and Irish much better to give your money to a company that supports the Irish skate scene.
    http://www.boardercoeire.com/b_welcome.html

I've tried that way of fixing decks, its never really worked very well for me, worth a shot though, idk like, i could have been doing it wrong.

About graphics wearing off, that really shouldn't matter man. Mine are ussually compleatly screwed with in a day or two.
    But i get what you mean, when i got my first deck i was really into keeping the graphic looking nice, you get over it pretty quike. haha
    These days a deck will last me about two to three months.

yeah i heard its something about AW boards not being laminated or something

• Advertisement

Well i'm skating one right now and its holding up pretty well, albiet, i haven't been able to get out on it much lately because of the weather.

Still though, pics will fallow in a while, my computer's acting up right now.

yeah plz do. On mine u can scrape it off using ur finger lik, its pretty bad:( Does anybody no how much boarderco boards are? it doesnt say on the site..

About the same price as other pro decks last time i checked.

P3090059.jpg
    P3090058.jpg

so wat lik 70 euro?? is the wreckless own board ne good does anybody no?? wouldnt mind gettin that either if its supporting the irish scene

I've never tried them so i wouldn't know. But yeah, around that price alright.

I tend to get my decks in G1, as far as i know the two for €100 deal is an on going thing. Worth checking out either way.
    The G1 own decks are €50 i think. they're pretty nice too. Know loads of people who use them.

• Advertisement

oh good, i'll prob get that so, i was just thinkin it would be better to have a board spare in case 1 breaks lik. there website isnt up yet though

I sent an email to G1, they said they dont sell Boarderco boards, or boards made in europe for that matter, but they do have all boards for 100euro, and also 3 rukos boars for 100euro, so im gettin one of those deals:D

3 for €100? haha holy crap that's cheap!
    I might have to look into that deal.

CianRyan wrote: »
    3 for €100? haha holy crap that's cheap!
    I might have to look into that deal.

i no, i had a rukos board b4 the one i have nw, it lasted for ages, it was pretty good

Yeah my second deck was a rukos, it lasted me about 5 months and was square by the time i got rid of it, and at that stage, its still had pop! :eek:

My mate just texted me, he was in G1 to buy a board today and the half price sale is on again, worth a look if any one can get in today.

does anybody no when there new website will be up??

Advertisement