Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats in store for pub sector teachers?

Options
  • 08-03-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

with the TUI and the other teachers unions announcing the potential for industrial action up to all out strike do any of you fear for your job security? Being a full time permanent lecturing in an IT myself im just wondering what other teachers opinions on the potential for staff cuts will be in the future or what can be achieved by striking? Personally i am comfortable with the 'cut' in the wages known as the pension levy provided that it is implemented across all sectors but then again im coming from the position of not having any children to support, whereas i know it affects different people in different circumstances in different ways.
    just looking for opinions on this and gage what others think

Advertisement