Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Oral???

Options
  • 08-03-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi hi. quick question. is there any chance at all that questions about current affairs, media polution politics...etc can be asked like in the irish oral. have heard it happens in french to some extent but our class have been told you just get questions about you family, plans after schoool ..etc:o anyone who can put me straight on this it would be really appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Unlike the irish or french oral, where you can be asked about, say, the news that week, in the german oral you can only be asked what has been set for the exam. Family, school, etc. everything you should have learned in class, so there should be no suprises. Viel Glück!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah the Allgemeinige Fragen are ery simple, school, family, hobbies etc., nothing abstract. You may be asked about abstract topics in your "opinion on a related issue" for the project or they "future predictions" for the picture sequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

For the role plays, can they only ask you questions based on what's on the card? Or can they ask further questions that aren't really specified on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

they can ask only whats roughly written on the card, but they are only vague outlines on the provided sheet. That means they could ask more detailed question, or ask you the questions in a different way to the way you normally practice. Difficult to say really.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

I thought they only ask you follow up questions on the 'picture stories' and not the role play?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

^^^...ye im pretty sure thats the case too!

Advertisement