Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Society?

Options
  • 08-03-2009 3:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to create a carbon neutral economy? This would entail a completely renewable energy system, carbon neutral motor engines (Based on some sort of solar/electric hybrid, which is charged up from the green grid) and other things I clearly haven't thought true.

Don't want to see any 'there is no such thing as climate change nonsense', this is a question on its own merits from somebody genuinely uninformed about the realities of green technology. In other words, is it possible to attain a carbon neutral or majority carbon neutral economy, or possibly more important, is it really worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Denerick wrote: »
    Don't want to see any 'there is no such thing as climate change nonsense', this is a question on its own merits from somebody genuinely uninformed about the realities of green technology. In other words, is it possible to attain a carbon neutral or majority carbon neutral economy, or possibly more important, is it really worth it?

Not really an answer but I hate this logic too. Whether or not climate change exists. Pumping gases into the atmosphere it wrong. Carbon neutral can't be worse than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I just don't like the term carbon neutral. There's a lot more to the environment, and to being green, than carbon dioxide.

I also like to believe in clean air and clean water for starters. Focussing on CO2 may actually divert attention from other pollutants. I think the tax changes on diesel are CO2 related, but diesel emits more particulate matter so we're breathing dirtier air as a result.

Advertisement