Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop for mother in law

Options
  • 08-03-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

I have been asked to spec a laptop for the mother in law.

She's not very computer literate, but can handle email & some web browsing, wifi will be required but that is standard these days. I was thinking a 15.4" screen was a good idea as it seems to be at a good price point & would be easy for her to read etc...

Anyone have opinions on the following,or other suggestions?

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/asp/versions.asp?rewrite=Asus_X58L-AP004C_Laptop_X58L-AP004C&pagetype=version&page=

Would it be able to handle Vista?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Yeah that should be fine for email/web browsing and with a dual core and 2 gig of ram vista should run fine,even though vista is a resource hog compared to xp.Wouldnt plan on playing any games on it though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

i was goin to buy a netbook from laptops direct before christmas but a lot of people have had problems with them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rarasek123

I'd recommend to read, just out of curiousity, a thread posted by dellas1979 "laptopsdirect.ie what are they like" before ordering from them. Unless of course you already have your own experience with them.

Advertisement