Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Photo Negatives

• 08-03-2009 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

How long can a photographer hold onto your wedding negatives and any idea on how much he may charge to release them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

photographer can keep them till he/she dies................... as for getting the rights to the images thats upto the individual photographer - but to be honest the images are useless to him - the reason he/she keeps onto them is so you can order prints....... ask your photographer if he/she is willing to do you a deal on the negs (expect to pay a couple of thousand).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 whitetea

The best bet is just to talk to your photographer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭bensoneb

In my opinion, your best bet if you haven't already booked is to book a photographer who gives you the photographs and allows you to do what you want with them. There are a few who have been already recommended if you check the photgraphy thread.

I really don't see the point in shelling out alot more money when you've already paid through the nose for these services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 galwayfotogrfr

bensoneb wrote: »
    In my opinion, your best bet if you haven't already booked is to book a photographer who gives you the photographs and allows you to do what you want with them. There are a few who have been already recommended if you check the photgraphy thread.

I really don't see the point in shelling out alot more money when you've already paid through the nose for these services.

I agree entirely.

Advertisement