Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medieval City Walls

Options
  • 08-03-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I want to get my class to trace the city walls and then go out and walk the route. I have the old maps etc. but just wondering if anyone has walked the whole route before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

In Dublin there is still a portion of the city walls around. They are in the liberties though, not ideal to walk around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Once heard that the walls close to Christchurch overlooking Cook Street go back to medieval times ?? I'm sure the guides in Christchurch could give you more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eriu

Thanks for the replies. Got the extra information I needed from the Dublinia DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Eriu wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Got the extra information I needed from the Dublinia DVD.

Thats a brilliant DVD and there is an even better one in the making I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eriu

Yeah, was talking to someone there today and she said the new one is brilliant, looking forward to seeing it. Think she said it will be released before the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement