Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3G Unlock

Options
  • 07-03-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi All

Mods . . . Please don't lock my thread.... i have looked high & low on this sit to answer my questions to no avail.

************ FYI BackGround **** NOT RELEVANT**************
    I started an I phone 3g contract mid last year just before leaving the vountry with work for 3 months.

When i returned I noticed O2 had not collected the 40 Euro per month for my contract .... I then noticed they had locked my phone .... It turns out they had gotten incorrect bank account details (by one misread digit) . . . . i brought this to their attention and they advised I had to pay them in full and they would CONSIDER re activating my account ,......

To cut to the chase .... due to their terrible customer service .... i content that they breached my contract .... and obviously they claim (probably coreectly) that i breached the contract ......

Anyway ...... i will pay the the money i might owe them eventually..... (i am taing legal advice)

In the mean time I want to get spme value from the phone that i will have to hand over 800 euo for . . .
    **********************END FYI ****************************

the O2 sim card was locked

i restored the phone to factory settings using itunes . . .

as it stands I have a vodaphone contract sim in it but predictably the message an itunes is that i can not activate the phone without the correct sim card . . . .

I am new to unlocking phones . . . . . i have no idea of what soft / firm wear is on it . . . (I presume its the latest as I only bout the phone August last year ....

pleas can someone talk my through how to get the phone working on my vodaphone contract sim card.....

Would really appreciate your help.

AND PLEASE NOTE I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED FOR ANSWERS BEFORE POSTING ! ! !! !

Kind Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

It's oh so very simple. 1. Get ur hands on a pre-pay o2 sim and insert it into the phone. It will then activate in itunes.
    2. Go to iclarified.com and on the bottom of the page click on tutorials, then iphone, then jailbreak. Follow the instructions for your firmware version. All software is linked to at the beginning of each lesson.
    3. When the jailbreak is complete, again using iclarified.com, click on tutorials, iphone, unlock. Click on 'how to unlock your iphone 3g. It's simply explained, so there can be no confusion.
    P.s. I can't provide full links, as I'm on Opera mini. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

You dont even need a pre pay sim, all the info is on iclarified.com

Oh and to save my head on a sunday morning after drinking the night before..........please use spell check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

Thank you both for your in put . . . .

I went out and got a pre paid O2 sim card (think i was tricked into buying 10E call credit! but i'll get over it!)

Activated the phone and proceeded to Jail break it using the site you mentioned above ...... BUT ! ! !

When Itunes was restoring my phone it brought up the error message, , ,

'''
    The Iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (1013).
    '''

I also found out i am on firmwear 2.30.03 ????? and presume the software is 2.2

iM STUCK ! ......

ps SORRY ABOUT SPELLING! ..... Red Bull Cola+ potato wedges! ... best hang over cure ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

whoops.....

if you have updated the iphone to anything above 2.2.0 you may not be able to unlock it using software anymore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

check what software you are running by going into settings>general>about. Get back with the VERSION and let me know before you do anything else.

• Advertisement

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    check what software you are running by going into settings>general>about. Get back with the VERSION and let me know before you do anything else.

hI THEFRIDGE. Thanks for trying to help... hope you can!

version 2.2.1

Model Firmware 02.30.03

Have a feeling it's not possible.... but any help would be great!!! .... is working fine as a pre pay O2 phone... but I really want to be able to use it on my vodaphone contract sim...

Rgds
    ttilting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can't unlock anything with the 2.30.03 baseband yet unfortunately.
    Those turbosim adapters are supposed to be OK though. I actually have one on its way to me, I'll let you know if it works with my 2.2.1/02.30.03 iphone when it comes.

bump ....

Any update on this ? ? ? ? ?

Can i now unlock?

Rgds
    ttilg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ttilting wrote: »
    bump ....

Any update on this ? ? ? ? ?

Can i now unlock?

Rgds
    ttilg

Did you try the specific iPhone unlock thread that is stickied at the top? Or Google? I don't even have an iPhone but I know how to unlock one by this stage.....

Have tried al others ,,, this question is specific to the type of iphone i have ,,

'' have you tried Google!! '' type comments really annoy me and if u read the full thread you would know this ,,,, any genuine help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have tried al others ,,, this question is specific to the type of iphone i have ,,

'' have you tried Google!! '' type comments really annoy me and if u read the full thread you would know this ,,,, any genuine help appreciated.
    I did read it through. And? Its an iPhone 3g, there are only 2 models.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to be honest here, I'm with whiterebel on this one.

I created a sticky, at the top of the forum with a direct link to unlocking the 3G iPhone. It even includes a video (which, I might add, I haven't viewed).

You are not making it clear what your problem is.

Are you having a specific problem? What exactly have you tried? How far have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

you are correct ,,,, in march it was not possible to unlock my type of iphone ,,, i was looking to find out if it was now ,,, this infor is not available in the sticky.

anyone who can help ,,,, great ! ,,,, anyone that wants to give 'anal' general pointless about how to use search engines or get info from boards.ie ... no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

this infor is not available in the sticky.

Really?

From http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=3583
    These are instructions on how to downgrade your baseband from 2.30 to 2.28 for iPhone 3Gs with the 5.8 bootloader. This will allow you to unlock your iPhone 3G using YellowSn0w. An similar exploit is still be worked on for those with a higher bootloader version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slevin1212

hey all i just got a brand new iphone 3g and i am on 087 and want to unlock the phone but dont have a clue how to do it. Can anyone please help or does anyone know of any places around blanchardstown what unlock phones. thanks in advance

Michael

slevin1212 wrote: »
    hey all i just got a brand new iphone 3g and i am on 087 and want to unlock the phone but dont have a clue how to do it. Can anyone please help or does anyone know of any places around blanchardstown what unlock phones. thanks in advance

Michael

Look at the sticky at the top of the page.

Advertisement