Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Competition?

• 07-03-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just thinking recently that while the boards chess league was ongoing there was great interest from everyone and the chess forum was booming.. As the league is pretty much finished I'm wondering would people be interested in another tournament? This time not in league format but knockout. Might create a bit more interest in the game here again, personally I suck at organising stuff like this but surely there's someone here who wants to start something up..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The league's not quite over yet, close but not over. Was going to use the league standings as a ladder afterwards because having new competition after new competition makes the forum very inaccesible whereas a ladder is easy to join for new people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

from experience here rolling tournaments tend to keep the interest,
    ladders result in interest drying up fast,

I would vote for starting another tournament - although what would be cool is if we could get the site to manage it rahter than people having to figure out who to challenge - i know i played a little over half my games due to this.

I know Gameknot.com for example allows the creation of tournaments where the site does all the tracking and starts up the games etc.. so your gaurenteed to play all your games and there is a nice table available.

issue is that its restrited to a max of 11 players (nice round number) without a membership. So anyone know of any similar setup we could use for free, or is there any possability we could get enough together for one membership account we could use to create the tournament ?

Advertisement