Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Pack of Miller

Options
  • 07-03-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

€5.00 in tesco.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

bottles or cans? I've been buying 4 bottles for 5e quite a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Can anyone back this up? Is it in every tesco or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

Hogzy wrote: »
    Can anyone back this up? Is it in every tesco or what?

i can verify this,
    6 bottles for 5 euro
    they were actually pilled up in the boxes of 24 so 6 x 4 packs
    = 20 euro

and beside them were the boxes of 20 miller for 23.99.
    and amazingly the boxes of 20 were half gone.

this was in Carlow anyway.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Bottles, I couldnt believe it myself when I see it.

I got mine in Ballyfermot

• Registered Users Posts: 45,267 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

24 is regularly on sale for 18euro so its hardly a great bargin

• Advertisement

Well I thought it was cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

American Beer = cráp

Is it normal to be blasted out of it on here for posting something?

blasted out of it? hardly.

Just pointing out that Miller is always on sale.

Tbh I always thought people paying 10/11 euro for a 6 pack were mugs when all they had to do is stump up 8 quid more and get 24 bottles !

No brainer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

'fraid so:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Horrible stuff just like Bud. American beer sucks. I really think we the have a crap taste in beer. The Eastern European stuff is beautiful. The Polish, Slovakin, German and particully the Czech beers are best in the world. Try a bottle of Spaten,Budvar or Staropramen- real beer

zudo wrote: »
    Horrible stuff just like Bud. American beer sucks. I really think we the have a crap taste in beer. The Eastern European stuff is beautiful. The Polish, Slovakin, German and particully the Czech beers are best in the world. Try a bottle of Spaten,Budvar or Staropramen- real beer

When you say America i presume you mean USA, mexican beer is AMAZING!!!

When you say America i presume you mean USA, mexican beer is AMAZING!!!

Yeah did mean USA, bud, rolling rock etc. Corona is a nice beer. Do you any outlets that stock other mexican beer? Never tried any other than corona

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Fantastic. So where is the bargain on these beers to be found or did you specifically come into a thread about where to get Miller beer cheaply to give us your opinion on it?

Makaveli wrote: »
    Fantastic. So where is the bargain on these bears to be found or did you specifically come into a thread about where to get Miller beer cheaply to give us your opinion on it?

My local centra are doing an offer on spaten. Buy 3 bottles for €6. Just thought I'd give my opinion on Miller and other beers to give people an option before they spend their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Thanks OP excellent value IMO.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Yeah did mean USA, bud, rolling rock etc. Corona is a nice beer. Do you any outlets that stock other mexican beer? Never tried any other than corona

Give Sol a try - much nicer than Corona. IMO the Mexican beer we get is píss compared to the one they have in Mexico. They serve them in big bottles that look like medicine bottles! Well tasty they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

My local centra are doing an offer on spaten. Buy 3 bottles for €6. Just thought I'd give my opinion on Miller and other beers to give people an option before they spend their money.

That's fair enough man, but in a thread specifically about Miller bargains people pretty much know what they're coming into the thread for.

There's a forum dedicated to beers and other alcoholic drinks. You should check it out, probably a better place to discuss the merits of beer.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Brahma Brazillian beer seemed to be 4 for €3.99 in Dunnes as well as Tesco now.

Good value.

That's fair enough man, but in a thread specifically about Miller bargains people pretty much know what they're coming into the thread for.

There's a forum dedicated to beers and other alcoholic drinks. You should check it out, probably a better place to discuss the merits of beer.

In fairness, he was only giving a heads up to everyone here and I dont see anyone else complaining. I thought back seat modding was frowned upon?

A miller now would go down a treat, might take a trip to the supermarket

• Advertisement

Try Sol... Its just as nice as Corona, at times it can be nicer (for me anyways depending on what iv eaten that day) it used to be cheaper than corona to get into the market place but its the same price now!

jayteecork wrote: »
    Brahma Brazillian beer seemed to be 4 for €3.99 in Dunnes as well as Tesco now.

Good value.

NOW???? what dunnes or tesco is that???I f-Ing love Brahma!

Try Sol... Its just as nice as Corona, at times it can be nicer (for me anyways depending on what iv eaten that day) it used to be cheaper than corona to get into the market place but its the same price now!

Must definitely give sol a try. Steo87 also recommended it. Cheers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

NOW???? what dunnes or tesco is that???I f-Ing love Brahma!

Got it in Dunnes in Douglas. Tesco in Paul St do it as well.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Got it in Dunnes in Douglas. Tesco in Paul St do it as well.

Legend!!! I live in Douglas!!!! Thanks man!!!!

I agree. I posted a bargain thread recently...never again. All you get is moronic newbies moaning and complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That's fair enough man, but in a thread specifically about Miller bargains people pretty much know what they're coming into the thread for
    it is a thread about a beer, I do not like miller but came in looking to see if any other current beer offers are on. O'Briens are doing 5x500ml bottles of budvar and for €10. Some other bottle conditioned beer is hte same price & size, with a monk on the bottle, frankzh..something, can never remember the name. They also have 24x330ml cobra bottles for €18 which was in another thread.

Also sometimes people buy in beer for parties who might not drink it themselves, and it is worth noting if it is a generally liked beer. My father has cases of bud and is always left wondering why nobody seems to want it, people hear miller is a seemingly popular brand yet I know very few people who like it. And they are not into fancy beers, I have only ever heard one person turning down heineken when offered, probably the most widely acceptable of the big brands.

You should keep your clear bottles out of sunlight as it reacts with the hops and gives a "skunky smell", you have to really worry about breweries that value marketing style over the actual beers potential quality, i.e. any who use clear bottles instead of green/brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Sol is nice, it's made by the Heineken/Coors companies, so sounds Mexican/Foreign but not really. But is a nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

just make sure you examine the bottles before you hand over the cash

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055507845

check out the pic:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Hi OP... yes it seems there are lots of people on boards.ie who do nothing except snipe and moan, and don't seem to post anything positive. However, I thank you for the heads up.... I love that cheap beer, but in a bottle. Excellent.....

Advertisement