Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iXtreme 1.51 Released

Options
  • 07-03-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

iXtreme 1.51 was released yesterday.

http://xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1701.nfo

Fixes issues with playing some newer games.

Everyone should be flashing with this now (i am :P)

Its recommended everyone update to this version if you want to play recent games.

Comments

Just incase people were wondering why.

Games from now on have a extra PFI sector, as iXtreme 1.5 and bellow will only boot known game structures, it would refuse to boot games from MLB 2009 on as these have a new sector which contains the NXE (new dashboard) update in this new sector, as ix1.5 & below didnt know about this new sector it would assume its a bad backup and not boot, thinking it is saving you from getting banned.

iX 1.51 now has wave 3 support and now knows about this new sector so will boot all new games and older ones.

And to note: The NXE update is now on all new games, you have to accept the update and instal the new dashboard.

Bit of a pain for people who wanted to keep the blades dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I patched hawx and it plays fine on 1.41 on Benq.

ROC1977 wrote: »

Your asking for a ban, the XBL servers will check each sector and your injected PFI will stick out like a sore thumb.

And you will have to do with every game from now on anyway.

Much easier to update to iX1.51

cisk wrote: »
    Your asking for a ban, the XBL servers will check each sector and your injected PFI will stick out like a sore thumb.

And you will have to do with every game from now on anyway.

Much easier to update to iX1.51

Have you played any of the 3rd wave games on 1.51. From what I've heard 1.51 the games still have to be patched or is that 1.5.
    1.6 is in the pipeline which is the best option.

Anyway I don't play with my modded 360 online. I have two for that very reason.
    360's are so cheap now, every one should have two! lol

1.5 Would still need to be patched (not recommended again).

iX1.51 for all drives has 3rd Wave support (Boots all games).

IX1.6 will just have an Extra 0800 Mode (Lets you rip a 360 games to a PC) 360 Drive still need to be hooked up to a PC to do so.

• Advertisement

cisk wrote: »
    1.5 Would still need to be patched (not recommended again).

iX1.51 for all drives has 3rd Wave support (Boots all games).

IX1.6 will just have an Extra 0800 Mode (Lets you rip a 360 games to a PC) 360 Drive still need to be hooked up to a PC to do so.

Thanks for the info. Tell me is flashing 1.51 easy/hard. I flashed 1.41 on my benq that was a piece of piss. But the lite -on sounds like there is a bit more too it. All though I haven't really read into it. A friend of mine in doing my head in asking to flash his lite-on.:eek:

Erm yep Lite-on is a bit more difficult, you need to dump the key over serial line.

Which involves soldering a small point or using a probe + Connectivity kit.

Heres a tut which is the latest and will show you it all.

http://xrl.us/beioik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 relic_20XX

Hello, ROC1977
    I wanted to know how to patch the games to play on 1.41, Because I also do not play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

relic_20XX wrote: »
    Hello, ROC1977
    I wanted to know how to patch the games to play on 1.41, Because I also do not play online.
    You cant patch them to play on 1.41. The newer disks contain a different (wave 3) video partition, Pre-1.51 firmwares are hard coded to not boot disks with video partitions they dont recognise.

CiaranC wrote: »
    You cant patch them to play on 1.41. The newer disks contain a different (wave 3) video partition, Pre-1.51 firmwares are hard coded to not boot disks with video partitions they dont recognise.

You can patch it. You just can't play online because your no longer in stealth.
    I've firmware 1.41 and I'm playing all the latest wave 3 games. There is a rar file you need to download and merge into the game ISO, using mulleter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You can patch it. You just can't play online because your no longer in stealth.
    I've firmware 1.41 and I'm playing all the latest wave 3 games. There is a rar file you need to download and merge into the game ISO, using mulleter.
    Fair enough, i stand corrected.

Link?

Advertisement